06-14-2018 10:37 AM
Are you getting any errors? Please ensure that both the camera and the app are up to date.
Pairing process for HERO5 Black:
- Open the GoPro App:
- From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android).
- Tap on "HERO5 Black."
- Pick up your camera.
- Press the MODE button to power on your camera.
- Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display. Then select CONNECT
- Under CONNECTED DEVICES, tap on "Connect New Device."
- Tap on "GoPro App". You will see the name and password for your camera.
- Go back to the GoPro App:
- Tap "Pair" to connect via Bluetooth. This will extend your GoPro’s battery life.
- Then tap "Join" to connect to the Wi-Fi on your camera.
- Join the Wi-Fi network when asked and you're all set!
If it still wont connect, kindly go over the troubleshooting steps here. In most cases, forgetting the Bluetooth ID and Wi-Fi name resolves the issue.
Let us know how it goes.
08-06-2018 06:18 PM
I also have a Google Pixel and cannot connect to my Hero5 Black. I follow the instructions and troubleshooting steps, the camera says "Connected to Pixel" but the GoPro app won't connect to the camera. It just gives the spinning circles and then drops me to the Camera screen. Then I click the media icon, or the capture icon, it gives me the spinning circles again and then drops me right back to that Camera screen.
08-07-2018 03:19 PM
08-20-2018 06:31 AM
With the recent release of the latest version of the GoPro App for Android (v4.6.1), we would like to know if you are still encountering issues pairing your camera with your phone. Hope to hear back from you.