Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 5 Black Water Leaked during Snorkeling

[ Edited ]

Hi There,

My wife and I bought our first GoPro Hero 5 Black back in Jun 11, 2017 from Harvey Norman IKANO - Elitetrax Marketing Sdn Bhd. We also took the 4 years extended warranty offered by Harvey Norman.

Last March 16, 2019  we took the GoPro for its first snorkeling session. Soon after its first dip the GoPro shuts down and failed to switch on again.

We sent our GoPro to Harvey Norman as the GoPro is still under the extended warranty. Unfortunately, Harvey Norman Product Care has turned down our claim citing their Terms and Conditions - Clause [16.] Mechanical, Electronic or Electrical failures due to ... [16.2] liquid penetration. Their Service Centre quoted as their Description of Repair "Inspected Found Badly Liquid Damaged, Beyond Economical Repair."

But since its an Extended Warranty we took from Harvey Norman, we are claiming against the Warranty that the "GoPro HERO 5 BLACK is waterproof up to 10 meters (33 feet)." 

Now Harvey Norman has pushed us to submit our case to you. 

Kindly advice the suitable course of action that we should take. What is GoPro's position on cases like ours?

We love our GoPro. We are missing it. Please assist.

Izzuddin Shah Othman

+601113307579

Note: GoPro was purchased under the name Norismaliza Ismail, who is my wife.

GoPro

Re: Hero 5 Black Water Leaked during Snorkeling

Sorry to hear about what happened to the camera, @o2izzuddin. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can help you with the next steps. You may reach the team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Also, we have removed the attachment that you posted for security purposes. Best regards!