Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero 5 Black LCD screen blank

Same problem... contacted GoPro support who suggested the manual firmware upgrade. no change. Now looking at return options but its a gift from an ex and we live in different countries now! Support insists on the receipt and return to the country of purchase!! Seriously guys in this day n age wtf?? Not everyone lives in the USA and i don't know what planet you're on to expect receipts from people when they give you a present! Let alone returning something with an international warranty only to country of purchase!
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated

:( GoPro i want my hero5 LCD working!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem here. Charged it up inserted card and placed in Karma. Worked fine. Tried to download pictures. Did not get all the pictures. Placed back in camera and now "Black Screen" What the hell GoPro??? Mighty expensive POS right now! Are you even trying to fix this issue??????? 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Bought a brand new GoPro Hero 5 Black for my birthday...all appeared to work fine until I inserted my memory card and the LCD screen went blank... downloaded the latest firmware as suggested in https://gopro.com/support/hero5-black-product-update/hero4 but still no luck!

what the hell! This product is disgrace in this day and age of plug-N-play. If I can't get it working in next couple of days... I'm returning this for good!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem here (Bosnia) my gf bought me the camera in Dubai, everything worked dine for 15-30 days (Kingston 64GB) , and 2 hours ago i got sd card error beeping 10 times, camera shut down, recharged it, lcd blank, other functions working.. What now Go pro? Obviously its a software defect.. help us out, I thought you were a respectfull company..
Highlighted
Anonymous

That did not work. I bought my gopro hero 5 3 weeks ago and now bestbuy does not want to return it. I'm disputing the charge with my Amex.

Highlighted
Anonymous

My lcd went blank but sensor is active.(Russia) I've known how to change modes and made wi fi "on" so i can see from my mobile what i'm recording. But it's a pity that i cant use my Hero 5 in full power. In russian forums i've read that puttung sd card in wrong hole causes spoiling of lcd cable and you need to replace lcd. But go pro support told me in chat that lcd is not replaceable...
Highlighted
Anonymous

Jeff and Marc, your solutions did not work on my hero 5. I have the same situation as the first person that posted this.