Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero 5 Black LCD screen blank

Same Issue, Same SD CArd (Sandisk Ultra 64Gb)

I try to downgrade, upgrade, reset, etc. Nothing happen.

I Open a Case and need to send to replace the camera.

The support recomend me that I use another SD, 

I'm affraid that I buy another SD o something else and the problem repeat it.

Support said me that is a firmware problem, and they don't have any solution at this moment.

1 only day work for me, it''s a very sad experience with gopro......

:-(

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Glad to hear you're in touch with our Support team. I hope they'll be able to help you out.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Not sure I'm following. If Support told you it was a firmware issue that they don't have a fix for, I'm unclear why would they recommend getting a new SD card. Updating the firmware is the fix for the majority of these issues. If the issues continue, it can be linked to an incompatible SD card. I wasn't able to find a case linked to your account that dealt with the LCD going blank, but if you have a case number, I'll be glad to look into it.

If you're concerned about a new SD card being compatible, it's best to select a card we've confirmed is compatible. That list is at https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm pretty sure the SD card has nothing to do with the issue.

I'm using two Hero Blacks with the same SD cards in both. One camera has been working fine. The other has the black screen of death.

I sent in a customer service ticket but haven't heard back yet.

Highlighted
Anonymous

That is what support said to do, but it does not fix the problem. Plus sending out defective hardware that depends on a flash update to work? I thought GoPro was a real company.

Highlighted
Anonymous

It seems like the Hero 5 is defective. I have been trying to get an RMA for a week. No repsonse from support. I think they are trying to ride out the 30 days refund. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I sent mine to exchange.... the problem is: when they send me a new one, if I put my 64gb sandisk sd card will this problem happen again? who knows?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same Problem for me (Belgium). After I removed my SD car to Transfer Files to my PC, Screenshots remains dark.