Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 5 Black LCD screen blank

WOW, Now only if some one who is updating and catches the  issue?

I feel the pain, and  gopro needs to get the fix. something is turn off the screen but yet stays functional as per front screen shows it working?

Highlighted
Tourist

Yep. The GoPro is still working. You can take pictures en movies, but nothing else...

Although, I have to say that I'm in very good contact with GoPro! They say really want to solve my issue!

Highlighted
Adventurer

same here:

Looks like I was/wanted to say  screen brightness  lowest setting is 10%. so it can not be turned off, but gopro  can they make a Auto.ASH.exc file to tell the camer to factory reset?

Highlighted
Tourist

I think it's a default in the motherboard...

Highlighted
Adventurer

Most sure you are right but something told it to turn off?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - If you've done a manual update and it's still not working, please reach out to our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus and we'll troubleshoot your issues and do our best to get them resolved.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Adventurer

So anyone that had theHero 5 black screen  get it  back and working?

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am an A/V Coordinator at a public high school and have been using 2 GoPro Hero Blacks for the student publications and TV classes.

One GoPro is working just fine, the other is experiencing the issue of a black LCD screen that displays nothing but still appears to be touch sensative.

I've tried doing the manual update with no success. I have contacted customer support.

I am using a 128gb ScanDisk Ultra Class 10.