Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 5 Black LCD screen blank

If you take the SD card out, reset the camera (remove and reinstall the battery), and turn it on again does it work? I want to see if it works without the SD to see if that's the issue or not. Thanks, Jeff
Highlighted
Anonymous

That didn't do it. Tried several times no joy.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Had the same problem with the first camera, first a lot of corrupt SD errors, and then the screen went black. Tried everything, update, reset, nothing worked! Amazon sent me another one, who got water into the frontal lcd and died after 10 minutes of snorkeling! Waiting for a refund and search for alternatives!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I am having a similar issue. I received the GoPro5 as a gift when I turned it on this morning everything seemed fine with the screen. I bought a memory card for it then turned it on and then I noticed the screen wasn't working just the small screen in the front of the camera. I even updated the firmware twice. I am not sure if I can return the camera as it was a gift. There must be some way to fix it. Please help. 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Anonymous

SAme thing happened tro me. When I got it out of the box it worked fine and I was able to connect the camera to my phone using the app. Then after I charged it again and bought the memory card, now the LCD screen doesn't work. I tried updating the firmware twice and nothing. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, this seems to become a mayor issue for GoPro. I can't believe that GoPro don't nog what's going on...jefft?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Man I wish people record this issue.  so we can have a visual.

Highlighted
Tourist