Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 4 unable to access media on the app or quik

My gopro hero 4 connects to the go pro app but I can't view any media, it's prompting for an update but every try ends with error message after the legal acceptance. I have tried apps with IOS and Android devices along with mac and microsoft desktop still no luck. I have used the Quik but it does not recognize my go pro.... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 4 unable to access media on the app or quik

Hello @richards273. What's the firmware version of your HERO4 camera? If it needs an update and the Over the Air (OTA) update fails to install, this may be due to either a wireless connectivity issue or the mobile device itself. Try to unpair the camera with your mobile device and pair the two devices again, then attempt to install the update one more time. You can also try using a different device (iOS 12 or newer / Android 7.0 or later).

If the problem persists, please try installing the update manually. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

Let us know how it goes.