Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero 4 silver update failed

@chriseditting here's my new vid I did exactly that and nothing it. https://youtu.be/KDmi5EfgxkY
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

The only things I saw that drew my attention were 1) I wasn't certain if you ejected the card from the computer or not. Did you click on the "eject" button next to UNTITLED in Finder before pulling the card from the computer? 2) The camera should turn on and off automatically during the update process. When it turned off, did you turn it back on manually or did you let the camera turn itself back on automatically? 

Other than those two details, it does seem to be having an error when trying to update, and this may require you to reach out to the Support Team directly in order to get the issue taken care of. 

Highlighted
Backpacker

It seems to look like the Folder is untiled. 

It needs to say UPDATE in all caps: "UPDATE"

If not then the camera won't do so.

Like @mattb said, you'll want to click eject on the SD Card.

Also I would recommend SD card on the camera, then drop that folder on to it again. 

Highlighted
Backpacker

Also @Anonymous.

The Wi-Fi can also stop the process.

Have you tried updating it with the GoPro App?

Also @mattb is it possible he might have the HERO4 Silver update for the Black accidentally? 

Highlighted
GoPro

As long as you put in the right serial number when you go through the update process it should generate the right firmware for the right camera. 

@Anonymous, were you able to get the update completed?

Highlighted
Tourist

I think you need to make sure you have the right permission. When you download the UPDATE folder and have a formatted SD card ready, make sure that the permission for the folder is 'READ and WRITE' for all users. For Mac, go to 'Get Info' and change the permissions, or for PC select 'Properties' then 'Security'. Once the permisssion is 'READ and WRITE', put the re-formatted SD card in the Go Pro!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi I was wondering if you had ever found a solution to this problem... I am having this problem and have done every step in this forum, yet nothing seems to work... It is still the same problem you had from the very beginning.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi! I tried doing both manual update and using quick app to update firmware but unsucessful. My device won't connect to wifi. I already reset the device and format SD card, nothing happened. Please help. thank you.