Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 4 silver freezes when playback videos on tv

Good afternoon to all following this thread, 

I truly do regret to see this issue having given some of you a headache with your workflow. Our mission is for GoPro to allow you to easily capture and share your memories, and this is still our aim. I understand some of you have been waiting for a good while without a response here, and I do sincerely appreciate your patience. 

I can assure you that this issue has been addressed and will be fixed in the next update to the camera. However, as we are continuing to work on other fixes and improvements that will come in the next update, I unfortunately do not have a release date for when the new firmware version will be available. 

For the moment, the best work around will continue to be either playing back your footage directly on your computer, viewing the footage by connecting your computer to your TV monitor, or connecting the SD card directly to the TV itself.

I will be sure to keep you posted, and once again I truly appreciate your patience. 

All the best, 

Matt B. 
GoPro Support Hub Moderator

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same issue with my GoPro. That means that if I get my camera exchange it will be the same thing?? GoPro. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Many of us are encountering the same exact problem! That means if we get our GoPro exchange wont resolve the issue?

Highlighted
Anonymous

@Matt B. (GoSlow Support)
I realize your just a simple messenger, but I wonder if you're relaying all this negative feedback to gopro technical department. Matt, I'm sorry, but I'm pissed!
I get it, GoPro doesn't really care. They got paid. If they did care, a solution would have been formulated ASAP. Not 6 months later and all we've been given is nothing but empty promises and **bleep**ty bandaid fixes.
Try inserting the SD into the TV?? Are you serious? By show of hands, how many of us have TV'S with an SD card slot? Will the TV have the appropriate codec to play back the files??
Playback on a computer? The idea, I assume, of the HDMI output is ease of use for playback. Now you suggest I convolute this by requiring a computer for simple playback?!
WELL, I FOUND A SOLUTION AND I CAN'T BELIEVE "GO SLOW" DIDN'T DO THIS!
ROLL THE FIRMWARE BACK TO 2.0!
I DID THIS AND THE HDMI FREEZE ISSUE HAS ALMOST GONE AWAY! AFTER TESTING THIS WITH MULTIPLE FORMATS AND MANY CLIPS, IT FROZE ONLY ONCE!!! AND IT FROZE ON MENU SELECTION.
Thanks GoPro for working so diligently to find a solution to YOUR mistake.
Good luck with your next iteration, I certainly won't be looking forward to it.
I'll be too busy using a 360FLY.
Highlighted
Anonymous

WELL, I FOUND A SOLUTION AND I CAN'T BELIEVE "GO SLOW" DIDN'T DO THIS!
ROLL THE FIRMWARE BACK TO 2.0!
(Super easy to do)
I DID THIS ON MY HERO 4 AND THE HDMI FREEZE ISSUE HAS ALMOST COMPLETELY GONE AWAY! AFTER TESTING THIS WITH MULTIPLE FORMATS AND MANY DIFFERENT CLIP LENGTHS, IT FROZE ONLY ONCE!!! AND IT FROZE ON MENU SELECTION, NOT PLAYBACK.
Thanks GoPro for working so diligently to find a solution to YOUR mistake.
Good luck with your next iteration, I certainly won't be looking forward to it.
I'll be too busy using a 360FLY AND bashing your products.
Word of mouth is a great sales tool for truly great products, it can also be a killer.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hi Steven, How did you roll back the firmware as thats exactly what i've been trying to do, tried to find the previous version online with no luck, Thanks Luke

Highlighted
Hiker

So apparently there's an other issue people are having trouble with and GoPro doesn't help at all.
GoPro is not going to fix this issue for you guys. They're just stringing people along and keep lying.
If you recently bought your camera, return it!!!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

If it is simply a software patch then why such a long delay. I think it is a hardware issue.