Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero 4 silver freezes when playback videos on tv

Hi, I have the same issue with the blue screen on my tv when trying to play back videos via mu HDMI cable, I also cannot upload pictures on my computer as my USB is saying its not recognised! I have also swapped my go pro once for the same issues! I have spent nearly a grand on all the Go Pro things and would not have expected that simple functionalities like hooking it up to your computer and tv would be an issue!

Would it be best to take the camera back again and get another replacement?

Matt
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

To clarify what is posted earlier on in this thread, GoPro is working on a fix for this issue. The issue should only be present with playback over HDMI direct from the camera, so there shouldn't be a problem connecting the camera to the computer. Additionally, with the footage on the computer, the computer can be hooked up via HDMI to the TV, and if your TV has a USB port or a port for an SD card to be inserted directly, you may be able to play back the footage that way. 

Those are the current workarounds and they should get you the same results, but as I mentioned above, GoPro is aware of this issue and working on a fix. 

All the best, 

Matt B. 
GoPro Support Hub Moderator
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Seriously! 7 months so far and all we get is " we are looking into it"? Why the f#*k did I just spend over $600 on your crap when this is all the response we get. I could have bought competitors product at a fraction of the price. I get that stuff has issues, it is the way that products get better, but customer service, that is something you have complete control over and this is all you can say!?! Seriously, no disclaimer on the faulty product out of the box? No warning on the update! 

Highlighted
Anonymous

I've spent lots of money on the GoPro 4 and tons of accessories then find out that I can't watch them on the tv using the GoPro HDMI cable. Can GoPro please post their anticipated date for resolving this. It has been months since this thread started and each update says essentially the same thing, working on it. Patience eventually wears out.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I cannot believe that I didn't find this thread before I spent all of this money on this. I saw all the info about 4K and 1080p video being able to playback on my new 4K tv. Our family is headed to Disneyworld. Now, after having these exact same issues that this feature doesn't even work. This is not cool. I understand that it works to watch it on a computer via USB but that is not why I bought it. I bought it to play on my new 4K tv. I'm in shock. Pretty sure I'm within my 2 weeks to return all of this.
Highlighted
Anonymous

hi...with gopro silver 4 with latest update i can playback all formats except from 1080 and 1080 superview on my samsung smart tv 

playback freeze after 20-30 seconds sound still continues. I can still start and stop on cam menu but it has no effect on tv playback stays frozen and then bluescreen.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hello my name is Joe and I'm experiencingthe same problem viewing my videos on my tv is there an update directly to my cameras firmware that needs to be updated? 

Highlighted
Anonymous

@mattb Hi Matt,
I'm also experiencing the same issue. I work in IT and I understand that some issues might take longer to fix than anyone that doesn't work in the industry would expect them to. This has been going on since October last year and there is still no update on this problem so I find it hard to believe anyone is working on the issue or has been in the last 8 months...this is poor, can you not give us any sort of update on this? Why have GoPro released a firmware update that they clearly haven't tested to a standard acceptable for a product which is selling worldwide? This should have been fixed a long time ago which is why people are questioning if anyone is looking into it.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks