Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Hero 4 silver freezes when playback videos on tv

same prob!  has anyone found a fix?  assuming it is the gopro speed/settings VS. the TV input settings and what it can handle? Could the cable be the prob and the speeds going through it?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Mine did the same time. It was my tv,when I connected it to my other tv, it works fine
Highlighted
Anonymous

i am having exactly the same problem when trying to play back videos on my tv using the GoPro HDMI cable.  Has there been any resolution/response from GoPro?

@donk21764 wrote:
Mine did the same time. It was my tv,when I connected it to my other tv, it works fine

Highlighted
Backpacker

If you're using any third party HDMI cord this won't work GoPro's ports are mainly designed for there own plugs. So it's best to buy Gop[ros and some people have this issue depending on what TV they have some tvs are set to do different setups. I believe this issue doesn't appear with samsung but does with unknown names or newer companies live Emerson, and Etc. Hope that helps. Comment back if you still have issues. Here is GoPro's HDMI cord: http://shop.gopro.com/accessories/micro-hdmi-cable/AHDMC-301.html Hope that helps.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Before I got a Hero 4 Silver I had a Hero 3+ Black.  When I bought the 3+ Black in December 2013 I also bought a GoPro mini HDMI cable to playback on TV.  Is this not the correct cable for the Hero 4 Silver?  Some of my videos and all of my pictures play back fine,  Other videos will lock up the GP 4.  I have to remove the battery like others.  This is very frustrating.  Do I need a new Cable?  The cable suggested above says it works on the 3+ Black, so shouldn't mine work?  Any help is appreciated,

Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm having the exact same problem with my hero 4 silver, playback is fine on the camera but as soon as you try it through the hdmi cable is plays for about 5 second freezes but still plays sound, then if you push any button it all stops and you get a blue screen and nothing on the camera works and I have to take the battery out the camera to restart it.

Have tryed to get it to work on 5 other tv's, with other cables and the exact same thing happens everytime.

I Never had a problem before playing videos off the go pro this way unitl I installed the most recent camera update.

So it must be a glitch in the new update.

My Friend also has a hero 4 silver and is having the exact same problem with his.

sort it out go pro!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Prob fixed. At least my issue.

Issue is recoding at 60frames per second. Dropping down to recording in 30 frames per second totally fixed freezing prob during playback through tv. GoPro recommended this Setting.
Looks like 60 fps may be issue with software version. They are working a fix now with probably a software update.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I changed to 30FPS from 60FPS and it plays back fine now thorugh the HDMI port.  I sure hope GoPro fixes this issue quickly.  Thanks for the help.