Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Hero 4 silver freezes when playback videos on tv

tried all of this and still freezes what else can be done or i will be returning the camera

Anonymous

still freezes may be returning camera

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

Does the screen turn blue or does audio continue when the camera has frozen up? Is it only when you are connected to HDMI that it freezes? And have you verified for certain that you have v05.00 on the camera? 

This may also be related to the SD card. What kind are you using? 

Anonymous

Everything is fine after new operating system and app update.

Tourist

Any updates on this issue?  Just got my Hero 4 today, latest firmware and I am having the same issue.  Tried on two different TV's and each time the camera freezes.  Frame rate and resolution has no effect either.  Super frustrating. 

Tourist

Seriously, any updates??? Everything I find online says GoPro is "aware of the problem and working on a solution."  I can't get it to work no matter what I try.

Tourist

Please specify exactly what software you have and the specific SD card.

I used to have video freeze playing 1080P on HDMI on the TV,  but ever since  software version 5.0, the problem is fixed.

I have HERO 4 -Silver.    For sure there is a problem with software version 4.0, but it is fixed in ver 5.0.

Tourist

I have version 5.0 and I am using a Sandisk Extreme 32gb card and a Samsung Evo 32gb. I have tried different resolution settings and frame rates. Tried two different Tv's and still no luck. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.