Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 4 silver freezes when playback videos on tv

Tourist

Guess I'm on my own.....16 pages and no solution. Frustrating.

Tourist

You might be on your own...

Many of us had this issue with our Hero 4, but it was fixed when the new firmware was released a few months back.

As a note, no problems with my Hero 5 out of the box either.

Hiker

Hey Tourist,
An update to your camera might help.
What @jeffreyn123 didn't mention is that it took over 11 months for GoSlo tech to "fix" this issue THEY created.
Yeah, my 4 Silver worked perfectly right out of the box, too. As did pretty much every other camera out there. The ISSUE started AFTER updating the firmware.
Despite being updated and "fixed", my 4 is pretty much worthless. Will start and stop recoring randomly after being triggered, connecting to computer or charger frequently freezes camera and battery needs to be removed to reset it, the usb port is garbage and barely holds, whole files are sometimes deemed "un-repairable" and permanently lost.
GoPro DOES NOT care about you. Do yourself a favor and shop around, there's better options out there.
Tourist

As I stated in my earlier post the camera is up to date already. I updated it to the latest software shortly after purchasing.

Highlighted
Tourist

How about an update to fix your update?  Piss poor lack of support here.

Tourist

12/22/2015???  Really??? and you have not fixed it YET.  What would ever make me want to buy another gopro product?  Mine worked fine until I updated the Firmware to version 5.  and YOU ARE AWAIRE of the problem???? Is this the best gopro can do is be AWAIRE of the problem??????

Tourist

OVER A YEAR and am I still supposed to be PATIENT??????  Where is the Fix???????