Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 4 silver changes screens unexpetedly

[ Edited ]

I assume it's to do with getting flipped this way and that way but I have a hero 4 Silver & I use it to snorkel. I'll prepare the camera for whatever I want to do with it- usually BURST MODE- then I'll hold my breath, dive down to get a shot of a fish or turtle or whatnot but EVERYTIME I dive, the camera switches modes to video or single shot or whatever...NOT what I had it on before I dove.  Then I have to fidget with it while I'm underwater, holding my breath...it's a REAL inconvenience.  Often times, by the time I've fixed it, the subject has moved and I'm sitting there fiddling with the GoPro underwater.  Is this a setting I can change?? 

please advise. thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Hero 4 silver changes screens unexpetedly

That's odd. I'm assuming you are not using quick capture. If you are, it's an easy fix, turn it off.

If not, then it might be the back door that you are using. Only use the hard solid back door, not the one that allows you the manipulate the touch screen.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

Re: Hero 4 silver changes screens unexpetedly

That's odd. I'm assuming you are not using quick capture. If you are, it's an easy fix, turn it off.

If not, then it might be the back door that you are using. Only use the hard solid back door, not the one that allows you the manipulate the touch screen.