Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 4 session not working

[ New ]

Hello,

I’m facing critical issues in using my Hero4 session.
I’ve not been able to use my Hero4 session since 2019.
Using the info/WiFi button the camera is loading the setting correctly, but when I’m trying to use the camera (recording) it is not working.
Pushing the main button (shutter/select button) to start recording, the camera takes more then the expected (about 10 seconds) it seems to turn on (the lcd is on) but it is not starting recording and starts looping. After some seconds (about 3 seconds) indeed it switches off and automatically start to switch on after other 10 seconds and of as before without start recording and loops 10 seconds on - 3 seconds off etc.

The same issue is happening when trying to connect the camera to the GoPro app.
When connect the WiFi and the app is trying to start connection with the GoPro it starts to switch on and off as described.

Hoping you could help.

Thank you.

GoPro

Re: Hero 4 session not working

[ New ]

Hi @superriver17803

What SD card are you using?

See if re-flashing the software will help.

Follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/no/update/hero_session

Let us know how it goes.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello @aragon1006 ,

thank you for your quick reply.

Unforntunatelly I'm not able to refresh the version (consider that the version of the camera is the v02.00 wich should be the last one available) since:

1. I'm not able to connect the camera to the mobile app as described;

2. I'm not able to connect the camera to the desktop app since when connecting to the laptop via USB, the camera is correctly recognized by the laptop itself but is not recognized by the desktop app.

I'm using always the same MicroSD SanDisk Extreme 32GB.

Is it possible to manually restore to fabric settings the camera (not only the wifi settings just reset without solving the issue)?

Thank you.

A.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @superriver17803

HERO4 Reset Instructions:

1. Press the Mode (front) button until you see the Setup Gear icon.
  2. Press the Shutter (top) button to select it.
  3. Press the Mode (front) button until Reset Cam is highlighted.
  4. Press the Shutter (top) button to select it.
  5. Press the Mode (front) button to highlight Reset.
  6. Press the Shutter (top) button to select it.
  7. When the camera powers on, it will be set to all of the factory defaults.

Instead of updating via the app, please proceed with a manual update.

You will need to use an SD card adapter.

Check out the steps on https://gopro.com/en/no/update/hero_session

This step should help with both issues reported.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, i have a Hero Session, my problem is when i press the shutter button, 6 second later video mod opens and It turns off after 5 seconds without even starting a video. And thats repeads forever, even i wont touch the buttons. I used to reset wifi but it doesn't work anymore, when i press the menu button for 12 second its opens video mod again and that loop starts again.

I am using Sandisk Extreme 32GB

U3 A1 C10 V30. This card not in the gopro list but there is writing every V30 sandisk extreme will work in hero session.

I am begging for help, please someone HELP ME!

SDSQXAF-032G-GN6MA

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @detoyzr

Pressing the Shutter button while the camera is OFF, starts a Quikcapture recording. See What is QuikCapture & How Does it Work? 

Do you usually turn the camera on through the Info button?

If the camera is not responding correctly, a manual update should resolve this.

Let us know how it goes.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to check on the next steps.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello @aragon1006 

Thank you for your interest.

I've tried updating, tried factory resetting none of them work. Press and hold the shutter button for 3 seconds and the loop starts again.

Now I'm looking for a supported sd card in gopro list., i found one (aveable in may 10) I think it will be delivered in mid-June with Shipping.

In the meantime, the device starts to work properly after staying in the sun for thirty minutes and worm up, but when it cools down, it starts to loop again.