Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 4 black WiFi

Hello,

I am having issues with the hero 4 black and pairing it to a phone / remote.

I bought the item a week ago, when it arrived I paired it to my phone and it did its own software update (to v5.00). I also have the lcd backpack on it.

I could use the phone to view the camera image and take photos etc.

For some reason the camera when turned off disconnected from my phone like it was never paired. When I try to pair again it does not give me a 4 digit code to pair to my phone.

I have since bought a GoPro WiFi remote. When it arrived i somehow managed to pair the camera to my phone, and then paired the remote to the camera but now the camera has deleted itself from the phone and the remote. It is an ARMTE-001 remote.

When paired the remote turned on / off camera, took photos etc etc.

To try fix this I have reset wireless, reset camera, deleted app off phone, deleted camera off app, done a manual update of camera software, I do not know what else I can do.

I turn the WiFi on, it shows on on the camera screen and on the lcd back pack but no blue light is flashing on the front. It does flash when turned like 5/6 times when initially put on but that’s it.

I do not get a 4 digit code at all to pair up items.

Someone help please before the camera goes against the wall.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 4 black WiFi

Hi @fireymesa68638

Once the camera has been paired to your phone, the next time you connect it, it wont be providing you a 4-digit code. If the connection is lost, you will be asked for the Wi-Fi password to reconnect.

The camera can only have one WiFi connection at a time.

For the Wi-Fi remote pairing, please refer to this article. Should you need further assistance, please contact our Support Team directly. You may reach out to them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 4 black WiFi

Hi @fireymesa68638

Once the camera has been paired to your phone, the next time you connect it, it wont be providing you a 4-digit code. If the connection is lost, you will be asked for the Wi-Fi password to reconnect.

The camera can only have one WiFi connection at a time.

For the Wi-Fi remote pairing, please refer to this article. Should you need further assistance, please contact our Support Team directly. You may reach out to them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks,

Ej