Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 4 and mic adapter

I would like to record my gig using my hero 4 with a line out from my mixing desk.
Can I do this with a 3.5mm mic adapter ??
Hero 4 isn’t listed for this accessory but I have seen you tube videos saying it works.
I’ve made the mistake of buying the generic adapter and it not working, I don’t want to find out after I buy the overpriced GoPro adapter that it doesn’t work!
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 4 and mic adapter

Hello @jt38

There is an official mic adapter specific for the HERO4 Silver.

It is no longer available on gopro.com but you may check other stores/channel if they still have it.

For reference, you may also check External Microphone Recommendations

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey Ej that was really helpful. Thanks for your reply!
Could you point me in the right direction of where to find the specific hero 4 silver adapter please? I’m not having any luck.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @jt38. Authorized sellers or local retailers/store may still have them. Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

is it possible to use a microphone and charge at the same time with some sort of adapter?

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@nimbleoasi0065, yes, the Pro. 3.5mm Mic Adapter will let you record and charge at the same time.

Highlighted
Explorer

No, the mentioned Pro 3.5 Mic Adapter will not work with the HERO4. You can only use the early GoPro mic adapter (that does not have a power input).
Highlighted
Explorer