Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 4 Silver not turning on or charging

@Anonymous - Have you tried to do a manual update on the camera? Instructions for the HERO4 are at https://gopro.com/update/hero4.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have a hero 4 silver and I've tried everything on here and it still won't turn on. I've had mine for about 6 months and it's practically new haven't used to many times. I went to use it today and it kept giving me the sd error so I came home got a new sd card and decided to charge the batteries up,when I tried to turn it on nothing, I put my battery in my friends hero 4 silver (same one I own ) the battery was fully charged and I haven't been able to get it to work I haven't dropped it once kept it practically new used not too many times any help would be appreciated
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Which SD card are you using?

Highlighted
Tourist

I started a chat with GoPro support. We've ran some tests together and support then that it was broken. I've sent the GoPro to them and within a couple of days I received a replacement under warranty! Great support
Highlighted
Anonymous

Woman Frustrated I went on a trip and while there my GoPro died and i couldnt find my charger so it stayed without charge for 2 weeks while away from home. When I got home i tried charging it and no lights, no charge, no p.c. recognition...NADA!!! I barely use it and it is MINT condition. I've tried everything and still can't get it to work!!! I went to my local Best Buy, bought an external charger and extra battery and both bateries charged fine so I know it is not a battery issue!!! Unfortunaly I do not have anothr $400 to spend on another GoPro. Does anyone have any other suggestions??????

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to you, and I can't avoid feeling empathy because the situation you describe is virutally identical to the one I went thru, including the deep frustration.

My suggestion is go and buy another action cam, because your gopro has passed away exactly the same as mine did some months ago, and none in this forum, neven GoPro staff, has been able to give any valid indication, other than "unplug and restart, try another battery with a new wire.." and all that typical useless staff.

If you follow my advice, you'll by a cheaper alternative, one of those China's imitations such as Xiaomi or Gitup. They offer a quality almost as high as gopro does, at a fraction of gopro's cost. Xiaomi 4k is by any quality standard not behind gopro, but if it crashes you won't feel so dissapointed because you will not have spent such a big ammount of money.

That is my (bitter) advice. Saludos Juanita.

Highlighted
Tourist

same situation.
my gopro is 2 years old but hardly used, MINT condition, maybe 2-3h video altogether in its lifetime.
now it wont turn on, tried different batteries, original cable aso. just bought a Feiytech gimball - what a waste of money this has been :(
Highlighted
Anonymous

Check the battery its self... Specifically, the pins where it connects to the Go-Pro.  I have had this problem with both my Hero 3 and 4.  If switching to another battery works, you can bet that one of those pins is twisted or shorting out somehow.  With my Hero 3 battery, I was able to straighten out the pin and it works.  With the Hero 4, a small piece of plastic was missing (when compared to batteries that worked) presumably it popped off.