Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 4 Silver not turning on or charging

Im pretty sure that its the usb plug within the camera that is broken.. like mine. I know because when i try to plug an external microphone it doesnt work too... so is there anyone that can tell me if gopro does repairs the camera? If.not i will be.forced to buy something i can trust... i did take care of that camera.and the plug is broken...
GoPro

Hi @loyalbluff13574

Here are some steps to get your camera to power on again. If this does not resolve the issue then it will be best to reach out to our Support Team as this might be on the unit itself already.

You may contact them via phone or chat. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ok so I just spent the whole day and most of the night with this same issue. I took my camera OUT, and this is key, of hawnits protective shell and I could not get it to turn on. So I tried to charge it. After a few seconds the red charge idicator light kept going out. I tried ever method found on the web. I was just getting ready to chuck it agaisnt the wall when I gave up. I out the canera back into its shell and just for giggles decided to try again to turn it on. IT DID! So I took it and and tried and it would not turn on. So this is my belief, I bought and ater market case for my camera and it fot very snuggly. I believe after being in there awhile it warpped the battery housing. At any rate I tried it in a regular GoPro shell and it turned on too sooo. I hope this helps. Technical note: My camera is new and so is the battery.

Thanks]

S

GoPro

Good to know that the camera is working consistently now, @shawnluther65. Thank you for posting and sharing what worked for you. Stay stoked! 

Sightseer

This Go Pro Silver Hero 4 is sucks. We bought it on 2015 we didn't used it until 2017. Whoala it was aleady broken when we bought it. Never buy GO PRO product it is a piece of garbage.

Sightseer

I will NEVER purchase a gopro POS again. gopro 4 battery issues GALORE! 

GoPro

Hello @elmag58 and @megadusk30086

Thank you for your feedback. Let us know how we can help. Alternatively, you can reach our team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for a more personalized support. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

It's completely shocking and disheartening seeing so many similar complaints--I also have the same issue--barely used in two years, in mint condition, always kept in case--and one day, the battery fails, and the device will not turn on.

As a "premium product" selling at a premium price point, GoPro owes it to its customers to be accountable for faulty devices that seem to be so prevalent. Recall them. Offer a free exchange. Offer for a significant credit for an upgrade.

You cannot simultaneously claim to be the best, while selling a product that doesn't work--that's just getting the basics. I personally find this embarassing for the brand; this technical issue a betrayal to your customers trust, and will cripple their willingess to ever buy your brand again--nevermind recommend you to a friend.

It speaks volumes about what is going wrong with the GoPro business. I hope you'll find the integrity to fix this issue and make things right for your customers. What a way to turn brand promoters into detractors who will tell anyone listening how terrible your products (and support services) are....