Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 4 Silver not turning on or charging

@ianb461

If you are still unable to get that camera to turn on our Support Team may be able to help. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

hey everyone!!
i had the same problem the camera wont work and the front light doesn't work
i got two battery and i try them all
i left the battery out of the camera last week before 7 days exactly

and i was just reading what you guys wrote then i bring my camera and i install the battery and connect it to the laptop saaame problem the light did not work

soooo i was reading what @Anonymous wrote
and i try to disconect the cable from the PC and try to ON the camera and the magic happened the camera worked
i turn it off now and i connect it to the PC and The red light came back to life .............. wouve

i guess and i'm not sure this problem happend cuz

i left the battery in the camera and i didn't use the camera for a long time around 10 months

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for all the replies I’ve had no luck in this since I’m in Thailand now without my GoPro gutted have to wait till I get back to the UK 🇬🇧
Highlighted
Sightseer

I really can't get over GoPro. 

They charge a fortune for their camera's and then so many people seem to have so much issues with them.

I got my first GoPro 3 years ago. Right from the outset it didn't work.  It kept freezing. So eventually GoPro replaced it.

I used the replacement fine for 2 years (not often), and now when I go to use it, it won't charge.  No light when i plug it in. Just dead. I tried everything: Different cables, different plugs, take battery out and plug in, take sdk card out and plug in, but nothing. No life in it. It's a disgrace I think that a company can make such expensive products and the products quality is, apparently, just so poor.

For me I'll go for one of the much cheaper non-gopro action cams. Hopefully they're compaitible with the array of accessories I bought!

Red card GoPro.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yep I brought mine 2015 hadn’t used much twice on holiday then just stopped working I had spent hundreds of pounds for something that worked twice! And I guess this is one reason the company has had a decline in purchases and a loss of 40% two years in a row . I’ve sent my away to a third party to repair they’ve said they have come across a few that has had the same problem. Absolute joke!
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have a GO Pro silver. It never really held a charge that well. Now it won't accept a new GoPro battery charged with a new GoPro charger.

I have not used the camera too much, but i expect it should work. i went to the GoPro support web site, it requested i paue y ad block. I did and it STILL won't let me begin a chat because of ad block.   WTH Go NO?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Friend,

How did you fix the issue? I'm having the same problem

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @agiledawn20556

Kindly go over the steps listed on this link to get your camera to power on again.

If it's still not turning on, please contact our Support Team via phone or chat for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

EJ