Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 4 Silver not pairing with new IOS software update

Hello,
I recently updated my IPhone to IOS 13.1.2 and have the most recent GoPro app software but when I try to connect to my go pro WiFi, and pair with the Bluetooth feature, the app is saying it can’t pair. My phone says I’m connected to the GoPro wifi and my Bluetooth is on but it doesn’t pick up the GoPros signal to pair for whatever reason.

I go through the steps to pair on the camera and get the pin and the countdown but my phone and app can’t connect.

Any help greatly appreciated. I’ve tried everything from forgetting wifi network and relaunching app as provided in the troubleshooting steps.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 4 Silver not pairing with new IOS software update

An update for the GoPro App (v6.1) has been recently released. Please ensure to have the latest version of the app and iOS on your phone installed. Then have your mobile device restarted before attempting to pair the camera with the app again.

If the issue persists, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the issue.

If you continue to experience issues after going through the suggestions above, can you please post back with the following details?

• What's the phone model used and mobile OS version?
  • What's the exact GoPro App version installed?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

I’m having exactly the same problem, tried everything! It’ll let me select my GoPro in my WiFi settings on my phone and I get the tick, however, the wifi symbol doesn’t show in the top right hand corner of my phone and when I switch back to the app it says I’m not connected to the camera.
Highlighted
GoPro

An update for the GoPro App (v6.1) has been recently released. Please ensure to have the latest version of the app and iOS on your phone installed. Then have your mobile device restarted before attempting to pair the camera with the app again.

If the issue persists, there are some troubleshooting suggestions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964 that will help resolve the issue.

If you continue to experience issues after going through the suggestions above, can you please post back with the following details?

• What's the phone model used and mobile OS version?
  • What's the exact GoPro App version installed?
Highlighted
Tourist

I think I’ve sorted it, app is the latest version as is my IOS. I restarted my phone and it worked straight away. Tried it twice and good both times so hopefully that’s it!
Highlighted
GoPro

Cool! @rockyvista30417

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the help.  I restarted my phone and app a couple (3) and it finally worked as @rockyvista30417 suggested.  But my app still does not load all the pics from the SD card right away... takes hours for the app to download everything.  I only have about 500MB worth of media on the SD card.  Not sure if that is normal. 

Highlighted
GoPro

@harbo5, have you tried resetting the Wi-Fi connections in the GoPro App and camera? Does it happen to all media files? What's the resolution settings and duration of the videos?