Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 4 Silver Freezing issue

Hello all, 

I have a Hero 4 silver I got fas a gift a few years ago, aside from taking 2test videos it literally has not been used. I have 2 of the GoPro approved sd cards. The camera will start up and work for about ten minutes and then the osd will freeze, the screen will cease showing a picture and turn black save for the osd. After a long ten second hold the power button it will turn off. I have to wait about 15 minutes and then the cam will work again for another few minutes.  I have manually reinstalled the firmware, I’ve wiped the sd cards, I’ve bought a new battery in case  the other went bad from non use, I’ve formatted the sd cards. I’m going on a snorkeling trip next week and wanted to use the GoPro for the first time. I called tech suppprt but they were no help, I know many have had this issue but as my unit is out of warranty what can I do to salvage this? Truly appreciate any and all help. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 4 Silver Freezing issue

Hi @grandriver47115

May I know what are the steps provided by the GoPro Technical Support Representative. 

You also mentioned that you already did a firmware update. Is it successful?

Please let us know.

I would like to know as well if you still have an existing case with GoPro Customer Support. 

If you have I suggest to keep in touch with GoPro Customer Support.

They can provide more options. 

Best Regards,

-Jay