07-17-2019 05:08 PM
I have tried every solution on these forums. I am unable to pair my gopro to my devices (xiaomi redmi note 5 phone and ipad). The pairing code is only showed when I leave my gopro turned off for many hours (or days) and the battery is drained but still the app cannot find the camera. If I try to reset the camera or wifi settings, the pairing code is not displayed no matter what I do.
Things I tried so far with no luck:
- Reseting camera & wifi settings
- Following the step by step guide shown in the app
- I tried all the methods for reset (software-hardware)
- I proceeded to manual firmware update
- I tried with both wifi on and off in settings
The camera is visible through bluetooth but I cannot pair.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
07-18-2019 12:17 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble. I can see that you're already on the right track as far as troubleshooting. Typically, the connection issue between camera and GoPro App can be resolved by resetting the Wi-Fi settings. Please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly:
- Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history.
- Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history.
- iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.
- Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions HERE.
- Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions HERE.
Additionally, you may try to perform a factory reset on your camera.
If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. Let them know about the steps already taken. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.