Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Hero 4 Black Noise issue when using WiFi

Thanks @irena.

Curious, does GoPro start the warranty clock over when they send you a new device?  For some reason I get the feeling they do not which would be poor business.  The customer rep only asked me for my original purchase receipt and not the date my second Hero was sent to me becuase the first failed.

Hiker

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous You get 90 days warranty on your replacement. But if your original warranty last longer, you can use that one.
If they truly believe their replacements are as good as a new camera, they should just give an extra year of warranty.

I strongly advice you, if you didn't buy from GoPro directly,  to take it back to the store you bought it from.
They might even extended your warranty if you receive a brand new camera.

Luckily I have 2 years warranty (in Europe). I've been almost 4 months without a camera because of these faulty replacements, that's crazy if you only have 1 year warranty.

Received my fourth replacement today (took a month!), fortunately no helicopter sound. But there's a different audio issue when recording with the standard housing, used 2 different new housings to test. So let's see what happens now..

Anonymous

Irena

I wish I purchased from anywhere else.  Unfortunately I did buy it direct from GoPro, so...

Kinda makes me even more frustrated about the process they make me go through to prove the purchase date with pictures of the serial and screen shot of the receipt and what it takes to do that.

I've had other electronic devices start the warranty clock from the date it falls into my hands.  It just makes sense.  Defects in manufacturing is 100% tied to the date of the product and its use not the date of purchase.

My one year date of original purchase is coming early June...

Sorry, didn't mean to high jack the noise issue thread with dealing with my venting about the GoPro verification process and warranty frustrations.

Hiker

@Anonymous Ah, bummer!

I completely understand your frustration.
Early June is a bummer too. Might be worth to ask for a replacement then, as your warranty will be extendend by 90 days.

Hopefully the new replacement won't have it. But if it does have it, you could maybe contact GoPro after 75 days or so, and ask for a new replacement. If that one has it too, repeat.

You might be able to strecht it until the new HERO release. Maybe they will be kind for once and upgrade your replacement to the new HERO. Downside of course; you won't have a camera without the helicopter issue for months (might not be a big problem if you're still using it with a quadcopter). But then again, I've been busy with these replacements for 4 months now. Didn't have a camera at all during these months.

Don't think anybody minds the hijack. It's all related.
We're all here to help and warn eachother (and those who find this through Google). It's the reason I signed up here.

Good luck with your case. Just keep posting here if your situation keeps getting worse.

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Kinda makes me even more frustrated about the process they make me go through to prove the purchase date with pictures of the serial and screen shot of the receipt and what it takes to do that.

Prepare to waste several months of your life and several dozen of e-mails (I am on 30!) to the so called "support" as well as recording and uploading the same evidence again and again, in different locations because they don't like yours or claim to not hear any problem. Don't forget about the time for fillling out the RMA documents, printing them, do the packaging and bring it to your post-office. I try to get a flawless replacement since December 2015 already, and so far they don't even agree with replacing my 2nd unit with the helicopter noise anymore and even closed my case! Also no reaction here in this forum. If you read my posts on the previous pages, you will see the frustration-level still can get much higher ;-)

I was in contact with "jefft" (the "GoPro Community Manager") on Sunday during their "support hub chat", he said he was sorry for what happened and wrote "I'll see what I can find out for you." - but so far I didn't get any further message from him as well...

Anonymous

Andyh

Irena

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!

I just received the new replacement GoPro H4 and it has the same exact problem!  thump thump thump thump.  The noise comes in handy,  I can keep a steady rhythm banging my head against the table.

This is AWESOME!!!!

Never had to deal with anything like this.  Do I open another ticket? Or just email a reply to my friend at GoPro that helped me replace the other unit that had the same exact issue?

I'm beside myself.  So much I wanna say, but why bother....

Hiker

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous No surprise there.

I usually did it through my caseworker. But one time I didn't get any response back, so I think the case was already closed. Had to open a new case.

I suggest to chat with support and mention your case number. Have everything ready so you can answer their questions.
The blue chat button will appear during their working hours: https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

You could also ask for a tested replacement from the California warehouse. Not sure if it will help as my first tested replacement also had the issue..

Anonymous

I'm having the same issue. I've tried three GoPros from Best Buy and now I'm working with GoPro support to resolve the issue. I sent the test videos in today. Hopefully they will test the new camera before sending it to me.