Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 4 Black - Freezing, terrible video, nonexistent support

[ Edited ]

I own a H3S and have loved it for 2 years.  I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 4 Black from Amazon.  Got it last week and had nothing but problems with freezing, locking and terrible video quality, etc.  When I received the new camera, it came with V3.00.00 firmware installed.  I immediately upgraded to V5.00.00.  Upon researching the multitude of issues other people have had ( just google yourself), I decided to contact Amazon for support first. (talked to a live person in 35 seconds BTW) 

Amazon had me replace the SIM (I bought 2 new SIMS for this camera, both SanDisk Extreme 64GB).  Still failing

I then reset the camera to defaults (not sure why we would do this after flashing the firmware).  Still failing

We then replaced the battery (again, I bought spares).  Still failing

Last we downgraded the firmware to V3.00.00, V4.00.00 and back to 5.00.00, testing each version.  No go, Still failing.

Amazon decided to have me return as defective, provide me with a refund and I ordered another H4B.  Great service Amazon!!!!

I received the replacement camera today and have the SAME ISSUES!!!!!  I have been on hold with Go Pro Live support waiting to speak to a support rep for 2 hours and 15 minutes.  I also trid support via their chat and get the following message:

"There are no agents available at the moment. Please check back later. "  Perfect. 

GoPro - As a product, I used to feel you made a top notch product.  Today, I know differently.  As a company, supporting the product you so firmly stand behind, I am not impressed, in fact, I am outraged.  You have lost me as a future customer and my money for that matter, as that seems to be all you care about given the abysmal hold times for support. 

I will next call Amazon to return your equipment and get my money back.  It really is a shame you treat your customers so poorly, sad really.....

See attached screenshot of the recording.....

GoPro4Failing.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 4 Black - Freezing, terrible video, nonexistent support

I finally got thru to a support person.  2 hours and 45 minutes on hold before a live person....  Disgusting.  That said, GoPro will be shipping me a "confirmed and tested" new H4B.  GoPro, this is you final chance to save me as a customer....  I will report back when I have more to tell....

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 4 Black - Freezing, terrible video, nonexistent support

I finally got thru to a support person.  2 hours and 45 minutes on hold before a live person....  Disgusting.  That said, GoPro will be shipping me a "confirmed and tested" new H4B.  GoPro, this is you final chance to save me as a customer....  I will report back when I have more to tell....