Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 3+ seems to have a slow shutter speed

Hello I have a gopro hero 3+ and im experiencing an issue with what seems to be my shutter speed. All pictures turn out blurry no matter how steaady you hold the camera. I have tried new batteries, because someone told me that could be the issue, but it didn't work. Could this be covered through a warranty or be fixed by sending it in. If so where can you send the camera to get a quote? Thank you.

GPTempDownload.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 3+ seems to have a slow shutter speed

You're shooting in auto mode in low light holding your camera in your hand.  Of course your photo's are going to be blurry.

Either adjust your camera settings manually to compensate for the low light (which will result in grain and noise in your photo due to such low light) or mount your camera on a tripod and use either a smart remote or the app to operate the shutter.  

There's nothing wrong with your camera or the batteries (really?), you just need to learn how to use it in low light.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 3+ seems to have a slow shutter speed

You're shooting in auto mode in low light holding your camera in your hand.  Of course your photo's are going to be blurry.

Either adjust your camera settings manually to compensate for the low light (which will result in grain and noise in your photo due to such low light) or mount your camera on a tripod and use either a smart remote or the app to operate the shutter.  

There's nothing wrong with your camera or the batteries (really?), you just need to learn how to use it in low light.