Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 3 can’t send photos to GoPro App

I am trying to see my photos and videos in the GoPro app. As soon as I connect to GoPro WiFi the screen shows a message “starting preview” and hangs in there without doing anything. It also says “we can’t load your media. Turn on/off your camera”. But it still doesn’t do anything.
Could someone assist with this issue?

Thank you,
Maria
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 3 can’t send photos to GoPro App

Hello @sootty98. Do the phone and the camera successfully pair? Are you able to see through the app what the camera sees when it is in idle mode? There are certain resolutions that may not be supported by the GoPro App depending on the device that you are using. There is more information about it here

If this is not the case, try manually updating the camera firmware (even if it may already have the latest firmware). A manual update helps clear any possible error associated with the current installation. The instructions for manual update are detailed in this article. Let us know how it goes. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you. It seems that I can pair the camera to the app and see what the camera sees.

The issue I have is that I can’t load my photos / videos from the camera to the app to see them there. I get a message “we can’t load your media. Not to worry your media is safe. Turn on and off the camera to view the media again.”

Do you have any suggestions for this issue?
Thank you
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sootty98,

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the app. 

After that pair the camera again to your phone. 

If issue persist you may try to manually install a new firmware. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/Software-Update-Instructions-for-HERO3-Cameras

Regards,

-Jay