Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 3 black will not power on with full battery.

I have a Hero 3+ black and when I fully charge the battery it powers on. The next morning it will not power on and the battery is still full. After messing with it for a while it will power on but is not reliable and will power off and on. Put new battery in it and it did the same thing. Worked fine a few weeks ago. Any Idea! 

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero 3 black will not power on with full battery.

@superdick34470 - Definitely odd. Could be an issue with the battery and its connections. If you have a battery to swap out, please try that. Also, double-check that the camera's firmware is up to date. The instructions for how to do a manual update are at https://gopro.com/update/hero3_plus.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sightseer

Re: Hero 3 black will not power on with full battery.

Firm weear was update. I chrged a new battery to full. It was left in the unit urned off and went dead. i put a fresh fully charged battery in and it powered on but had to reinstall the battery a few times. Seems like a connection issue but would that cause the battery to draw down when powered off. Wifi is also powered off.