Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 3+ black cannot connect to Android GoPro app version 6.2.3 (8447)?

Hi

I have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition bought in the end of 2014 and fully update camera and it works as a camera very well. I have only used it a few hour back i 2014/15. But now I have a american XTRONS - PB88UNVP multimedia carsystem installed in my car and I will like to use my camera - among other things - as a frontcamera controlled with/thoug that android OS version 8..

So I have downloaded Your GoPro vers. 6.2.3 (8447) software and it looks as it works very well to.

And I have also the GoPro server installed in the carsystem and I have started this server up, and then started the wifi system up in the camera and after that I have startet the app up.

That was the background :)

The problem is that the app can´t find my camera!

Can someone here tell me what goes wrong?

Note:

I have tried this before (in the beginning of 2015 with the Android GoPro app from that time plus my Samsung Galaxy S5 vers. 6.1.0 and back there it all worked very good I could control it all with my S5 phone. The problem with the phone is now, when I try to download the GoPro app to my S5 phone I´m told that the software don´t fit my phone OS version.

And I will not buy any new phone with the G5 net around the corner, so I wait - I´m only 71 years in a few months so I have plenty of time :)

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Hero 3+ black cannot connect to Android GoPro app version 6.2.3 (8447)?

Hi Thanks for the link once more.

I have now spend about 2 hours on the problem:

1) starting with GoPro vers. 4.2 (5439)

And this app did work with my old Samsung S5 phone not the best prewiev picture - but it worked

2) Later tonight I tried a newer version this time I tried GoPro 5.2.1 an installed it on top of the 4.2 installed earlier this evening.

And the last version did allso work with my old S5 phone, so noe I have installed:

a) GoPro 5.2.1 - works nicely with my Hero3+ Black with the firmware HD3.11.03.03

b) GoPro Control - read also my Hero3+ Black nicely from the S5 phone

c) Quik - this program I don´t know if it will work - haven´t any video material to try out with.

But now I don´t get a message telling me that the software can´t install on my old S5 phone and the camera act as it suppose to do.

So now I only have to check my android OS 8.0 multimedia carsystem with the GoPro version 5,2,1 but I think it will work to.

So thanks - uptil now - to you all for helping me in this (for me) dark matter ;-)

Friendly regards

Bjorn

Denmark

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

@bjornj4682, thanks for reaching out. The GoPro App is compatible with Android devices running Android 7.0 or later (Tablets are not supported). For further reference, please see GoPro Mobile Apps Compatibility.

For the issue connecting your GoPro with the app, try resetting the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections between your camera and the app, reset the Wi-Fi on your GoPro, then re-pair the two. Learn how to reset connections in our troubleshooting article.

Tourist

Hi

Thanks for your reply and also your fast reply.

I will try out your adverse with in a few days and I come back after the weekend comming up.

I hoped on a solutions as a link to an older apps for my android S5 phone.

For I see the problem like:

1) The GoPro app for android back in 2014/15 is updated to an app that don´t work for older/earlier version of android OS.

or

2) My Hero3+ don´t work very well with the latest GoPro app for android OS before 7

So a link to an older GoPro app that work wit android OS 6 and backwards could word.

And I also got a prblem with understanding GoPro policy for customers that still have older versions of both android OS versions and older GoPro Hero models. Because only 4½ years gives the customer a camera instead of a GoPro camera.

If I have known that late in 2014 I did not buy all the gear to a Hero 3+ black camera.

And the picture attached is only one picture out off 4 pictures

20190828_133304.jpg
Tourist

[ Edited ]

If your phone no longer support the latest version of the app you can visit apptoide and check which older version works well with your camera.

Tourist

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

And that was what I hoped for was possible.

It can be a little dificult to find the newest version that will work with my "little" old phone version Samsung S5.

So my plan is now to try out the reset plan (got a link earlier in this tread) and after ressetting it "all" then look for an older version af GoPro app´ and tryout the camera and my phone and if that works as it have done for about 5 years ago then try the same setup on my carmultimediasystem with an android 8 OS installed.

It´s a lot of work but it´s cheaper than buy a new phone or a new Hero camera everytime something new comes out.

I understand ofcourse that professionel people that have use for these cameras want the newest and best equiment but thats not my situation.

Friendly regards

Bjorn   (= in english "Bear" :) )

Tourist

Hi Thanks for the link once more.

I have now spend about 2 hours on the problem:

1) starting with GoPro vers. 4.2 (5439)

And this app did work with my old Samsung S5 phone not the best prewiev picture - but it worked

2) Later tonight I tried a newer version this time I tried GoPro 5.2.1 an installed it on top of the 4.2 installed earlier this evening.

And the last version did allso work with my old S5 phone, so noe I have installed:

a) GoPro 5.2.1 - works nicely with my Hero3+ Black with the firmware HD3.11.03.03

b) GoPro Control - read also my Hero3+ Black nicely from the S5 phone

c) Quik - this program I don´t know if it will work - haven´t any video material to try out with.

But now I don´t get a message telling me that the software can´t install on my old S5 phone and the camera act as it suppose to do.

So now I only have to check my android OS 8.0 multimedia carsystem with the GoPro version 5,2,1 but I think it will work to.

So thanks - uptil now - to you all for helping me in this (for me) dark matter ;-)

Friendly regards

Bjorn

Denmark