02-19-2018 01:24 PM
My go pro 3+ is now frozen. I have tried to update software by placing the files in the microsd card and then back into the camera but no success. I have tried 3 different batteries and two different sd cards. The camera worked flawlesly for a few years but now it powers on but then none of the button (mode button or shutter or blue tooth button function). Help
02-20-2018 10:37 AM
Make sure to follow these steps as it can be a bit tricky with the way you put the update files onto the SD Card:
- Reformat your microSD card in the camera with the Delete ALL/Format function in the settings menu. If you're unsure of how to do that, read these instructions on how to reformat your microSD card in your camera. NOTE: Please ensure that you save any wanted footage on your SD card prior to formatting; this process will delete all videos/photos on the card.
- Power off your camera and eject the microSD card. Set your microSD card aside. In the steps outlined below, you'll need to drag a folder from your computer to your microSD card. Find your 'microSD card to USB adapter' or your 'microSD to SD card adapter' and set it aside for later.
- Download the update, which will download the UPDATE folder to your computer. Note - if the UPDATE folder is zipped once you download it to your computer, meaning that you see "UPDATE.zip" instead of "UPDATE", double-click on it so that UPDATE.zip unzips to give you the UPDATE folder.
Note: PC users may need to create a folder called "UPDATE" and move the contents of UPDATE.zip into this new folder.
- Connect your microSD card to your computer using the adapter you set aside in step 2, then drag the UPDATE folder to the root level of your microSD card.
- Eject your microSD card from your computer.
- Make sure your camera is powered OFF, then insert your microSD card back into your camera.
- Power your camera ON. In a few seconds, the camera's screen will flash "UPDATING" with a picture of a down-arrow and a camera to indicate that it's updating. It'll power OFF/ON 1-2 times, and show a message saying "UPDATE SUCCESS".
The UPDATE SUCCESS message means that the camera successfully re-updated.
- Lastly, it is recommended to reformat your microSD card again in the camera so that you start with a fresh card the next time you use your camera.
Let us know how it goes!
02-20-2018 10:57 AM
I really appreciate the response. First of all I cannot reformat my microSD card in the camera. The camera powers on but I cannot change the modes or use the shutter button. both of these buttons do not work. the screen shows how much battery I have and how many videos I have on the card. Regardless, I erased everything from the microSD and loaded the updates on the microsd. I then placed it in the camera and powered it on. It beeps a few times but the screen never indicates its updating. BTW a few weeks ago I updated the hardware and it worked so I doubt that this is an issue.
I have also tried updating with a different SD card and nothing works. I have tried 3 different batteries with the same result.