12-13-2018 07:42 PM
I followed the instructions on updating my hero 3 white and the gopro started to update. The camera turned off after the update and never came back on. Afterword now It will not turn on at all and all i get is a red light on the back that I have to pull the battery to turn off. I can connect the gopro to the laptop and can access the sd card from the computer but can not get any reaction from the gopro itself at all. Did the update from gopro just brick my camera?
12-18-2018 10:02 AM
We have some tips for you to try that should clear up the issue for you.
- Please reinsert the battery into the camera, then use the GoPro USB cable to connect your camera to a USB port directly on your computer or to a USB wall charger that outputs 5V and 1A.
- Once connected to a charging source, you should see a red LED light up on the front of your camera within no more than a couple of minutes. If you do not see a red LED illuminate on the front of your camera, please try using a different USB cable and USB port or charger. If you are unable to get the front red LED to illuminate with multiple known, good charging sources, please contact Customer Support.
- Once you have the front red LED lit up, firmly press and release the Power button, and camera should power ON. If you cannot get the camera to power ON with this battery, please try using another battery for this test if you happen to have one available to you.
- If your camera powers ON with a different battery, then it's likely that your other battery is very low on charge, or has perhaps reached the end of its life. Follow the next step for charging the battery that was able to power the camera ON.
- Disconnect your camera from the USB cable and remove, then reinsert the battery into your camera once more. With the camera powered OFF, connect it to the charging source with the USB cable again.
If the camera is still not powering on, please contact our Support Team for assistance.
Please have your camera's serial number ready, and let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken so far.