Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 3 Wi Fi Name & Password Issues

Hi

I've just bought a second hand GoPro3 and would like to use the camera with the app and need a new name and password.

I have connected the camera to my PC but unfortunately when I try and update the name & password of the camera via your instructions I only get as far as downloading the software then get an 'Epic Fail' '404 No Resource Found'.

I've tried using Firefox / Chrome / Internet Explorer without any joy.

Can you offer any help on this?

Thanks

Sightseer

Re: Hero 3 Wi Fi Name & Password Issues

Ok...

Found this on YouTube which seems to have changed name/password:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWDRwmE-gnc

..which is good news.

However - sigh - the phone is now seeing the camery (yay) but on the phone's wi-fi settings page it says 'cannot connect until the signal improves'.

The camera has been switched on and off a few times, as has the app, and I've enabled the wi-fi settings too but the wi-fi hangs when 'connecting - this may take up to a minute'.

Any thoughts out there...?

Thanks

This video shows how to manually (without an app) reset the Wifi Password of GoPro Hero 3 and 3+ cameras. !!! Configuration file download links !!!: GoPro He...
Sightseer

Re: Hero 3 Wi Fi Name & Password Issues

If there ever was a post of self discovery this is it.

I switched off the 'smart network' switch on my phone and the phone finally attached to the camera.

Off for a lie down now