Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 3+ Not found by iPhone

I have a Hero 3+ that has worked flawlessly with my iPhone for quite some time now.  With the recent update to iOS 13 it seems that the camera and phone no longer connect as they should.  I could see the WiFi network from the camera and join no problem, but the app would not connect.  

In my attempts to rememdy this, I have updated the app, downloaded the latest iOS 13.1.2 update and restarted my phone multiple times.  Still wouldn't work.

I then decided to go through the Go Pro website to update the camera WiFi network name and password.  The name and password I entered worked just fine on the website, update downloaded and moved to SD card, then transferred to camera.  The camera goes through all the update steps and tells me it has completed.

Whenever I go to try to connect to the camera the new WiFi network name (camera name) is not even found by my phone, or my son's phone.  I have tried this three times, so I fail to believe I would recreate the same error each time.  It is as though the camera is not broadcasting a WiFi signal at all.  And yes, I have made sure the WiFi button has been pressed and I do see the flashing blue light indicating the WiFi is on  :)

Any other steps I should be performing or other trouble shooting steps I can try?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 3+ Not found by iPhone

Hello @fireydawn1408

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @unctep

Sorry to hear you're having issues. Following updates, it's a good idea to restart your phone before re-pairing your camera to the GoPro app. This should resolve your issue!

To help isolate the issue, you may also try pairing the camera with a different phone.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, 

I am also having issues connecting my GoPro 3+ Silver to my iPhone (running iOs 13). How do I go about resetting my GoPro to its factory settings so I can do a CLEAN reconnect? THanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @fireydawn1408

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

Thanks!
Ej