Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 3 HEVC why. Can't view on mp4 on app

Hello @redtree42475 and @jimjimg,

Which version of the GoPro App do you have installed on your mobile device? Also, what is the firmware version installed on your camera now? I just manually updated a HERO3+ Silver camera, recorded a video in 1080p, 60fps, and was able to successfully pair the camera with the app. I was also able to view media on the mobile device without any error message. I used a Samsung phone with GoPro App version 4.6.1. 

How did you update the camera? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app? Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello Marius,

My current Samsung Phone GoPro App is at Version 4.6.1. With my HERO3+ Black at v03.03. Both of them of the latest firmware as seen through the website.
Camera was updated through the GoPro App. Will try re-installing the version update on the camera.

Thank you
Highlighted
GoPro

Appreciate your reply, @redtree42475. Let us know how it goes after the manual update. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Apparently manually updating the HERO3+ version did the trick. Now im able to view my videos on the GoPro App.
@jimjimg maybe you can try it.

Thanks @mariustanya !
Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you everyone. YES my Hero3 Black is back streaming via Wi-Fi to my OPPO Android phone... Manual updatedid the trick.... 😀😀😀
Highlighted
GoPro

Awesome! Thank you for posting back to confirm resolution, @jimjimg and @redtree42475 . Happy to know that the issue is resolved. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!