Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

I am running IOS 13.1 on my iPhone X and I am able to connect the camera to the WiFi in settings but in the GoPro App it does not recognize the app. I have factory restored the camera and repaired multiple times but it still does not connect. Has anyone else encountered this and do you have any work arounds to get it to pair. I would just downgrade but I will be getting an iPhone 11 in the coming days and it ships with IOS 13. 

Sightseer

Re: Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

I have the same problem, it pairs Ok with my wife’s phone with IOS 12
GoPro

Hello @mandoctor and @v-rock. To confirm, both of the phones that you are using are running on iOS 13 and have the latest version of the GoPro App installed, right? See if the troubleshooting steps detailed in this article Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues will help. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

@mariustanya that’s correct the device is on IOS 13. I deleted the GoPro App and reinstalled it and did everything in the troubleshooting guide and no luck. I can connect the camera to the WiFi and I can even change the GoPro name in the app on the initial setup but once I’m connected in the WiFi settings and I go back to the App it says no cameras found.
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I'm having this same issue with my Hero 7 Black since updating to the public release of iOS 13 (the one that Apple just pushed out to phones) on my iPhone 8. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps - resetting the connections in the camera, deleted the wifi/bluetooth connections to the camera on my phone, removed the camera from the GoPro app and readded it. 

The app always recognizes the camera, and my phone will connect to the camera's WiFi connection (in the iPhone settings), but then when I return to the app it says it's unable to connect. 

(note the connection worked fine on iOS 12)

Sightseer

I'm having the same problem with my Hero 7 Black. It no longer connects to my iPhone XS using iOS 13.

I already tried everything in GoPro Troubleshooting Page, but nothing works. I even updated my camera software with no success.

Please help!

Tourist

I got an IPhone 11 Pro and my Hero 3 is still not connecting through the App. It is doing the exact same thing as my iPhone X was. It has got to be an issue with IOS 13.
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the app! We're actually aware of this and will be addressing it in future releases.

Please continue checking our website for updates. 

Thanks!

Ej