Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

I agree on the notification. If not by email, at least in the front page of support.

I wasn't calling out any one person in my comments, but if you took it personal, that might be something you want to reflect on yourself.

I will directly address one comment made about no updates to the HERO5. Why would GoPro update the camera? Does it not do all of the functions listed in the manual? When you purchased the camera, were there promises of future updates? The HERO5 does not need an update, and it would be stupid if GoPro somehow could, and did, update the camera to compete with their more recent cameras. This isn't a greed thing, it's just basic economics.
Sightseer

Seriously?!? There is no way you did not know about this before iOS 13 was released. And if you did fire whoever should have looked into this. There is no sorry from you. This is just ridiculous.
Sightseer

Betreff: Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

...habe das selbe Problem. iOS 13.2 in Verbindung mit der neusten GoPro iOS App und den aktuellsten Hero3 Updates. Keine WLAN Verbindung möglich. Die Verbindung zum Hotspot besteht zwar aber es wird keine Verbindung zur App hergestellt. Unter Android funktioniert es problemlos.

Gruß

Tourist

I am running iOS 13.1.2 and the GoPro App version 6.1 (3249) and can not get my Hero7 Black to successfully connect to the app via wifi. I assumed GoPro's app update today would address this but it has not. I am connected to the camera's wifi but the app keeps erroring out. After multiple factory resets and app reinstallations I still can not control the camera with my phone.

GoPro, please address this issue. It is very frusterating.

Sightseer

I was excited to see the GoPro App had an update today, but still no luck connecting my Hero 7 to my iphone running iOS 13.1

Sightseer

Finally I was able to connect to my camera, I had to remove the camera from the application and then re-pair it and worked Ok

GoPro

Re: Betreff: Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

Thanks for sharing @v-rock

@deftbeach552 @stouthero25683 @mp360

You may also try un-pairing and pairing the camera again.

Other users also said that restarting their phones helped.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Re: Betreff: Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

Ok I unpaired, reset connections on GoPro and restarted my phone and it now works. For info purposes I have GoPro 7 Black and an iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 13.1 Looking forward to filming this weekend!