Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

[ New ]

I am running IOS 13.1 on my iPhone X and I am able to connect the camera to the WiFi in settings but in the GoPro App it does not recognize the app. I have factory restored the camera and repaired multiple times but it still does not connect. Has anyone else encountered this and do you have any work arounds to get it to pair. I would just downgrade but I will be getting an iPhone 11 in the coming days and it ships with IOS 13. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

[ New ]
I have the same problem, it pairs Ok with my wife’s phone with IOS 12
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @mandoctor and @v-rock. To confirm, both of the phones that you are using are running on iOS 13 and have the latest version of the GoPro App installed, right? See if the troubleshooting steps detailed in this article Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues will help. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya that’s correct the device is on IOS 13. I deleted the GoPro App and reinstalled it and did everything in the troubleshooting guide and no luck. I can connect the camera to the WiFi and I can even change the GoPro name in the app on the initial setup but once I’m connected in the WiFi settings and I go back to the App it says no cameras found.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having this same issue with my Hero 7 Black since updating to the public release of iOS 13 (the one that Apple just pushed out to phones) on my iPhone 8. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps - resetting the connections in the camera, deleted the wifi/bluetooth connections to the camera on my phone, removed the camera from the GoPro app and readded it. 

The app always recognizes the camera, and my phone will connect to the camera's WiFi connection (in the iPhone settings), but then when I return to the app it says it's unable to connect. 

(note the connection worked fine on iOS 12)

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having the same problem with my Hero 7 Black. It no longer connects to my iPhone XS using iOS 13.

I already tried everything in GoPro Troubleshooting Page, but nothing works. I even updated my camera software with no success.

Please help!

Tourist

[ New ]
I got an IPhone 11 Pro and my Hero 3 is still not connecting through the App. It is doing the exact same thing as my iPhone X was. It has got to be an issue with IOS 13.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the app! We're actually aware of this and will be addressing it in future releases.

Please continue checking our website for updates. 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, same problem connection App and GoPro 7 with Phone XR iOS 13.... no any issue with my iPad Pro with iOS 12.1.
Explorer

[ New ]
Apparently there is a known issue with iOS 13. Per the GoPro admins an update is coming very soon to address the issue.
Tourist

[ New ]
Like how soon is very soon??

Sitting ducks here and cant use the gopro like we normally use to - using the phone to control, view and download media.

Thank you so much for the efforts.

GoPro H7 Black is idle
GoPro

[ New ]

We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you. We currently do not have any new information available. The software update release information is posted at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/Software-Update-Release-Information . You will also receive a notification from the app once an update is rolled out.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Total failure of proper app rollout process.  Hundreds of thousand of your GoPro owners (including I) can't use their camera effectively.  iOS release should not have been a surprise to your development team.  So many of us have gone through reset process (thinking there was something wrong with our camera) and now come to find out that is it is a GoPro app issue.

Sightseer

[ New ]

OMG I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH EVERYONE :(

Using my 2 iPhones, tried everything from deleting and installing the GoPro App multiple times; updating the GoPro several times; kept on forgeting and joining the network.. but still to no avail - No Camera Found.

Tried installing the GoPro App to another device (iPad), and it worked smoothly.

Upon further checking, the 2 iPhones run the iOS 13 and 13.1 already while the iPad is still in 12.4.1. Might have something to do with the new iOS update.

Requesting for your assistance on this please. Thank you! :)

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi, I'm disappointed to find that I have the same issue with the app and ios13.1 and I'm on vacation with my GoPro so it's a a total pain not to be able to view my diving footage. I hope this can be resolved in the very near future. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Ich habe das selbe problem, mit meinem iphone xs und ios13 klappt die verbindung zur gopro nicht aber mit meinem ipad und ios12 geht es eiwandfrei ! Es muss an ios13 liegen

Explorer

[ New ]
Correct. As mentioned earlier in this post, there is an issue with connecting through the GoPro app on iOS 13. This is a known issue and GoPro is expected to be releasing an update very soon. The new cameras are being release on Oct 1st, so e expect the app update to come out around that time.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Bei mir auch der selbe Fehler.

gopro 3 black und ios13.1 mögen sich nicht

gopro 7 black und ios 13.1 sind beste freunde

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem after updating to IOS 13.1.  Wifi is fine, app says no camera.

Actually called tech support.  How silly of me.  Spent over an hour only to have my SD card fail because of following the instuctions to remove and update it using their suggested process.  No luck with resolving this connectivity issue.  Did get my card back in service after formatting it from my desktop computer through the usb cable with the camera as a drive.  Tech support was horrible.  I am a retired IT security tech of 29 years service.  I was dubious about the method to update my camera which I had already done twice with no luck getting the app to work but my camera still worked fine. Hmmm tech support needs more training when the person is not a novice to I.T.

Listen to the customer.

Tourist

[ New ]
Doesn’t Apple pre-release the ios to developers so GoPro could test with their App to ensure that they still work?
Tourist

[ New ]
Would be nice if GoPro tested their App with the new ios so the customer didn’t have to do the R&D for them!
Tourist

[ New ]
No software update for the Hero 5 Black since 2017!
Too bad that GoPro doesn’t bother to test their products with the pre-release that Apple provides to developers! Why can’t we at least get a date that GoPro expects this issue will be resolved by?
Explorer

[ New ]
Apparently 1 of 2 things might have happened.

#1 GoPro did not get the pre-release, or did not get it in time to be able to update the app yet

#2 GoPro did get it, but the new app features (which correspond with the new product release) was already being developed. Since the new features may be related to the new 360 camera, GoPro is waiting until the camera release to send out the update.

Of course, this is purely speculation, just like all of the other nonsense being stated. There are only two facts that we know.

#1 GoPro has stated that they are aware of the issue and that an update is coming.

#2 No member of this forum (other than the app developers) know anything more than this.

Most likely, the app is developed and ready for release. GoPro just recently redeveloped the GoPro app from the ground up to include Quik Story. GoPro is not a huge company. They have less than a thousand employees world wide (This includes secretary, front desk, customer service, sales, shipping, and janitorial). The only other thing that I know for a FACT is that the app developers are extremely passionate, intelligent, hard working, and deeply care about the user experience. I'm sure that they want you to be able to use and enjoy their app has soon as possible. Bitching about it, or making insulting innuendos, won't speed up the process.

But of course, we all know how smart you are and how much better you would have/could have done it. On a positive note, you can access the online career opportunities to submit your resume.
Tourist

[ New ]

Would have at least liked to get an email letting us GoPro users know that the latest ios may not be compatible with the current iteration of their app, and to upgrade at your own risk. Feel free to insult me Daniel, if it makes you feel better. I can take it.

Explorer

[ New ]
I agree on the notification. If not by email, at least in the front page of support.

I wasn't calling out any one person in my comments, but if you took it personal, that might be something you want to reflect on yourself.

I will directly address one comment made about no updates to the HERO5. Why would GoPro update the camera? Does it not do all of the functions listed in the manual? When you purchased the camera, were there promises of future updates? The HERO5 does not need an update, and it would be stupid if GoPro somehow could, and did, update the camera to compete with their more recent cameras. This isn't a greed thing, it's just basic economics.
Tourist

[ New ]
Seriously?!? There is no way you did not know about this before iOS 13 was released. And if you did fire whoever should have looked into this. There is no sorry from you. This is just ridiculous.
Sightseer

Betreff: Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

[ New ]

...habe das selbe Problem. iOS 13.2 in Verbindung mit der neusten GoPro iOS App und den aktuellsten Hero3 Updates. Keine WLAN Verbindung möglich. Die Verbindung zum Hotspot besteht zwar aber es wird keine Verbindung zur App hergestellt. Unter Android funktioniert es problemlos.

Gruß

Tourist

[ New ]

I am running iOS 13.1.2 and the GoPro App version 6.1 (3249) and can not get my Hero7 Black to successfully connect to the app via wifi. I assumed GoPro's app update today would address this but it has not. I am connected to the camera's wifi but the app keeps erroring out. After multiple factory resets and app reinstallations I still can not control the camera with my phone.

GoPro, please address this issue. It is very frusterating.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I was excited to see the GoPro App had an update today, but still no luck connecting my Hero 7 to my iphone running iOS 13.1

Sightseer

[ New ]

Finally I was able to connect to my camera, I had to remove the camera from the application and then re-pair it and worked Ok

GoPro

Re: Betreff: Hero 3 Black not connecting to App on iPhone with IOS 13.1

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @v-rock

@deftbeach552 @stouthero25683 @mp360

You may also try un-pairing and pairing the camera again.

Other users also said that restarting their phones helped.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Ok I unpaired, reset connections on GoPro and restarted my phone and it now works. For info purposes I have GoPro 7 Black and an iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 13.1 Looking forward to filming this weekend!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @deftbeach552

Enjoy using your GoPro!

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, now it works, IPhone XR iOS 13.1 and GoPro 7 black.
Unpaired, restart iPhone and connect like new camera.
Sightseer

[ New ]

funktioniert immer noch nicht

iphone 7 ios 13.1

gopro hero 3 black

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you! The app is working after unpairing and resetting everything again.

Tourist

[ New ]

This works now.. you just have to forget the wifi network on your iphone.. then hard reset the gopro and pair again..

Sightseer

[ New ]
This is unacceptable as this conflict has resulted in my GoPro being unusable I can’t access my videos from tonight and the camera itself will not power up.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @vitalstorm0106. If you haven't yet, perform the troubleshooting steps here HERO3 Camera Will Not Power On. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

i got the same problem for days, until i tried to add my gopro hero3+ again by clicking the "+" on the gopro app. then some prompt screen will appear until you get to the gopro wifi setup. give your gopro wifi a different name and password. voila, your gopro camera is paired.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Estou com o mesmo problema. Após a atullização do IOS 13, o app da gopro não encontra mais a hero3. A câmera conecta o wifi, mas o app não reconhece.

No iphone da minha filha com o ios 12, normal. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @noblecave104

Please try restarting your phone, once it's back ON proceed with the pairing process.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 ,

do you have any update about this problem?

I have Iphone 8 with IOS 13.x and can't pair mu gopro Hero 3+.  

Note: When I use my old iphone 6 with IOS 12.x, it works fine.

kind regards,

Leonardo

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @leonardom0711

If you have gone through the steps above and it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej