Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 3+ Black Freezing and won't connect to the app

[ New ]

My Hero 3+ Black keeps freezing. Switch it on and it might freeze instantly or switch it on and press the power button to cycle through the menus and it will beep once and not switch to the subsequent menu and freeze. The only option is to remove the battery.

I have 3 batteries and 2 recommended SanDisk UHS -1 SD cards - 64 and 32 Gb.
Tried them all and the issue still persists. Tried with or with out the SD cards. Tried Hard Resetting the device multiple times with or with out the SD card inserted.

I can't connect to my app either. When I follow the steps it tells me to contact GoPro Support.
The firmware is version v03.03 and I did do a manual update to see if that would resolve the issue. It completed the update and still the issue persists.

When trying to connect to the app the camera will automatically switch off and back on when the wifi is initially turned on. The blue light comes on and the Gopro app is selected in the menus and when I connect via wifi the GoPro will restart itself everytime.

I have looked for various solutions online and it has led me to contact customer support for techincal advice.  Now I can't even get access to customer support with "Invailid Captcha" on multiple browers.

I am seriously considering another brand of action camera!

GoPro

Re: Hero 3+ Black Freezing and won't connect to the app

[ New ]

Hi @el1m1n80r

Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue.

The best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 
Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. 
We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Epic fail. 404 page not found. Sometimes getting radical comes at a cost.

Nothing is working on your site?

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Looks like there was a typo in that link. It should be https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.