11-04-2018 03:09 PM
11-05-2018 03:24 AM
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Hero3 Camera. You may want to refer to the link below for the troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve the issue:
I hope these resolve the issue you were having. Otherwise, you may contact the Support Hotline for further troubleshooting. Please do not forget to be ready with a copy of your receipt.
(855) 635-3578 (Toll Free)
11-05-2018 03:53 AM
I think you have misunderstood the question,
the gopro can power on once charged. The problem is once charged if I leave it for a day or so the battery is dead without having even been on. Also I do not have the receipt number for this case to tell the support technician.
11-05-2018 04:16 AM
I am sorry. If the camera is powering on but the battery drains even when off, you may want to consider the following:
1. Upgrade the firmware (found in my previous reply)
2. Turn wifi off - even if the camera is off if the wifi is on it still consume battery power.
3. Try a different memory card - you want to make sure that you are using a recommended SD Card found in this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations
4. Replace the Battery with a New One
5. Keep the Battery Out of the Camera When Not Using
Once you checked all the following, you may want to do a runtime test and compare it to the expected battery-life of your camera:
I hope these help. If you need further help, you can contact GoPro Support team:
US: (855) 635-3578 (Toll Free)
Other numbers: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/Telephone-Numbers