Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 3 Battery Life is Useless

My Hero 3 Black edition use to last 1 hour 15 minutes before the battery died but now I am lucky to get 20 minutes out of it.

I have purchased a genuine brand new Gopro battery and still only get maximum 20 minutes recording time. I record 1080 - 60 Wide.

While I love Gopro cameras I am VERY reluctant to upgrade to a newer model incase I have the same issue.

Anybody know what the issue could be?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 3 Battery Life is Useless

Hi @epicriver0403

It is not an expected behavior for the camera. For immediate assistance and a more personalized support, please reach out to our Support team. You can connect with them here:  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

My Hero3 Black looses charge pretty quick as well. My Hero3+ Black, Hero4 Silver, Hero5 Black and Hero6 Black do not have this issue and they get much more use. Which camera were you thinking about upgrading to?
Explorer

Format (full not quick) your card in your computer and run a manual update. SD card issues usually don't manifest with freezing video but in camera performance. The camera scans the SD card and if it has an issue will continue to do so in the background. This can lead to sluggish/freezing issues. If possible, try a different card.
Explorer

The second post was a reply to a different post, however it's not a bad idea to try in this case as well.
Tourist

I will try this but not hopeful it will work.
Im not sure which version to upgrade to as there are so many action cams on the market competing with Gopro some of which I could get 2 or 3 decent cameras for the price of one Gopro so I may even switch to a different brand.
Tourist

I have a Hero 3 Go Pro and the battery will not even take a charge. I bought the large extra battery pack and it still will not take a charge. 

This camera is usless. 

I do not recommend this camera to anyone. 

GoPro

Hi @epicriver0403

It is not an expected behavior for the camera. For immediate assistance and a more personalized support, please reach out to our Support team. You can connect with them here:  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 
Marius