Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Herky-jerky video

[ New ]

My video stops and starts and skips frames and pixelates etc. Is there something that can be done (short of buying a new GoPro)?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Herky-jerky video

[ New ]

@greenflame2125, if you are experiencing choppy or broken up playback when viewing your videos, this will usually come down to the computer not being able to process the data of the large HD video files fast enough.  

Check out this article How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback for the suggested troubleshooting steps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @greenflame2125. Do you get this issue when playing back the videos directly in the camera? Or does it only happen when you playback the media on a computer?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi: It only happens when I play back videos on a computer. It's happened on two different computers. Any ideas?

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

@greenflame2125, if you are experiencing choppy or broken up playback when viewing your videos, this will usually come down to the computer not being able to process the data of the large HD video files fast enough.  

Check out this article How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback for the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey, @aenriquez :  Thanks for the info. I'm going to try the VLC player, but ultimately I need to just break down and buy a new computer with a more-powerful graphics card.