Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Help !

I have a new GoPro 8
I already took my underwater footage but now at home I have hard time viewing these clips as my cell phone has to be on and the go Pro camera has to be on at the same time and nearby right? the problem is that the GoPro camera immediately shuts down because the battery runs out when it’s on while I browse through the clips I took so I need to Keep the GoPro charge and it’s getting heated. Now I have a new / worse problem : the GoPro say is that my “SD card is full” and shut off immediately without me being able to even watch my clips on my phone, So I’m stuck not being able to do anything

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Help !

Remove the battery from your GoPro, then plug in an external power supply to your GoPro.  Also adjust the "sleep" and "screen saver" settings to "never".

While you're just browsing the camera for footage, don't leave it on 4K @ 60FPS with hypersmooth on, instead choose a setting that's more 1080P or something and this will stop overheating.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Help !

Remove the battery from your GoPro, then plug in an external power supply to your GoPro.  Also adjust the "sleep" and "screen saver" settings to "never".

While you're just browsing the camera for footage, don't leave it on 4K @ 60FPS with hypersmooth on, instead choose a setting that's more 1080P or something and this will stop overheating.