Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Help me understand this Please QC default setting

[ Edited ]

see if i can  calmly say this:

Prefrence - General- default  to Standard, I have that profile I want to use on QC every time I hit it?

I change to timewarp. got my shot.  shut down.   return later to take a QC  in Standard .  All Good

Now I want to  take a Slo-Mo I turn on  chose slo-mo   shut down.  Please tell me  the next time I turn my camera to QC what I should be taking????

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Help me understand this Please QC default setting

QC:  Default Preset
Set the preset your GoPro captures in when you turn it on using the
Mode button . This setting does not affect QuikCapture.

If I set  Standard. every time I now turm MODE on it will go to Standard. that I now understand.

Now every time I press QuickCaqpture  if I am on SLo-Mo, every time I press  Quick capture slo mo will alway  be set, UNTIL I  go into MOde On that standard takes over. and  if I want to again change to another video profile. until I get back to Mode I will always be on the  last setting of  video.

am I correct???  

And quick capture is no longer like it used to be   Man that through me for a LOOP!

Highlighted
Adventurer

ha ha ha this is gonna suck if I was doing it without thinking and it just hit me   days later DUH!!!!!!!!

Default Mode   is  arguement sake STANDARD.    

QuickCapture is Last saved setting.   so imagine your last shot was Slo-Mo and stupid you forgot to set back to your next scene or STANDARD.

You're going to have one ruined shot or more.  I was not at all thinking about that when I AUTOMATICALLY changed back to STANDARD and when I swapped cards, due tosome sd Error  emptied my folder .  What to do?  This issue came up and BAFFLED me.   to top it off thre is a Bug in it Timewarp will pop on if you simply remove the SD card and hit QuickCapture.  

Now I shot all tehse clips  I be in all the wrong settings if asked  I am not so not sure why I had a Brain fart.

thanks Fish I am glad you helped me out.  Here is a video of   the isue if my cryptec typing is sadghkp;agSGUKHJsnlg to your liking

here is a example 

https://youtu.be/fyFPZpqEdL0

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Adventurer

@danielr15    Does that sound right  to you?

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes, this sounds right to me. I mentioned it while back in your post about "things you've learned about HERO8" (or something like that) last week. I rather stated it there or on one of your videos. Is an improvement IMO. If you have changed settings (changed standard to have 120fps vs 60fps for example), you weren't using Quik Capture. You could only have done this by turning the camera on with the Mode button. From this "mode" is where you change and customize settings. As I explained in another post, you are going the long way to make many of your changes instead of using the four quick access buttons. Whatever change you make SHOULD be saved. If you change "standard" (don't get caught up by the name because it's irrelevant) settings to 2.7K/30fps with 4X zoom Shutter 1/30 ISO MIN 1600 MAX 3200 WB 4000K, well, that's your "Standard". The choice is yours for what you want it to be, so it should stay that way. If you leave it in Standard and then start using Quick Capture, those SHOULD be your settings. You told the camera is what you want, it gives it to you. No more limitation for using Quik Capture. If Quick Capture always defaulted back to a preset setting, it would severely limit the usability of Quick Capture.
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@danielr15 wrote:
. If you leave it in Standard and then start using Quick Capture, those SHOULD be your settings. You told the camera is what you want, it gives it to you. No more limitation for using Quik Capture. If Quick Capture always defaulted back to a preset setting, it would severely limit the usability of Quick Capture.

@danielr15 

As I learned something new.  Thought I do a video again, sorry. just can not get it right Lol.  Quick Capture  has two settings:

• Short Press  VIdeo Last preset saved For example SLo-Mo. each  short press will be slo-mo until Mode On is Pressed.
  • Long Press TimeLapse last preset saved  some settings like live  burst and  photo are desabled for this Until  the  settings are changed  it will remain on the last setting chosen.

I understand that.

SO yes I went out   the   beginning vids I am 100% set up correctly, untill I  changed to Slo-Mo 1080P@240FPS, once after that All my shots are on Slo-Mo, Lol ALL. and when on a timewarp they came out   Lesson now learned.

The GoPro  does not  default to your desired setting  in quick capture you have to make that happen yourself (DUH!)

10 degrees wind chill  no retakes  but got a lot of  regular HD1080P footage still can use Lol with the option of Slo-Mo who can complain.

@danielr15  you think there is a short cut of   getting around this?   Right now I  only kep the settinge simple and like to know how you did yours.

thanks again for  the Advice and Support

Fish

I prpobably did not recall that you mentioned it but you're good!

Highlighted
Explorer

We should set up a Skype sometime. I've been learning a lot from your videos.
Highlighted
Adventurer

thank you to kind my friend.

Man I was thrown for a giant loop on that one.   going live on that   form factor one Lol