Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Help! Hero 8 recorded warp speed in error

[ New ]
Can you change video recorded in warp speed to normal speed? It was recorded in error. I didn’t have my glasses on and hit the wrong video. Thanks! Have a really awesome ski video on black diamond and it was recorded in warp speed.

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: Help! Hero 8 recorded warp speed in error

[ New ]

Unfortunately this isn't possible due to the nature of how timewarp/timelapse video's are recorded.

Normal motion video's are recorded at about 30FPS or higher.  This means that for every second of video, there are 30 frames contained within it.  

With Timewarp/timelapse there can be as little as 1FPS shot, this means 1 frame per second.  Which means every second, you're missing 29 other frames.

So if you were to slow down your video to "normal" speed, what you would end up with is a series of still photo's like a slide show simply because no other frames were ever recorded.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

Unfortunately this isn't possible due to the nature of how timewarp/timelapse video's are recorded.

Normal motion video's are recorded at about 30FPS or higher.  This means that for every second of video, there are 30 frames contained within it.  

With Timewarp/timelapse there can be as little as 1FPS shot, this means 1 frame per second.  Which means every second, you're missing 29 other frames.

So if you were to slow down your video to "normal" speed, what you would end up with is a series of still photo's like a slide show simply because no other frames were ever recorded.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks. New to this. Have a lot to learn.
Backpacker

[ New ]

No worries, glad I could help explain the issue.  If you have any other questions, just pop them on the forum, it's a good place to find quick and simple answers.