Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Has the locking up and overheating been taken care of?

I traded up my Hero 4 Silver which was ROCK SOLID cam. To the POS Hero 7 black. Sad thing is I had loved my 4 so much that when I went in I got two hero7 blacks. They are both Junk compared to the 4. Has gopro Fixed the issue that the 7 has with overheating and locking up? I use my camear when I travel to and from work on my motor cycle and in my car that I do not have a regular dash cam in. I have only been runnng at 1080 60p just like I do my CHEAP Dash cam but yesterday My 7 over heated and locked up at least 3 times I am so fed up with Gopro it is not funny. 

Has this issue been resolved with the Hero 8 black?

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Has the locking up and overheating been taken care of?

HERO8 is much more stable than the HERO7 Black. Occasionally there might be a user with a complaint, but it's far less common than the HERO7 or even what the HERO4 got. Overwhelming, the performance of HERO8 is the best of any GoPro. I've been participating in this forum since HERO3+ Black (which is probably tied with HERO4 when it comes to stability). As long as you use a recommended SD card and manually update, the HERO8 is Rock Solid.
Highlighted
Adventurer

no one knows that answer t oany camera that gopro makes. the answer is people here still report issues, we the site forum members have and do not have certain issues.

Highlighted
Nomad

@damin69 wrote:

I traded up my Hero 4 Silver which was ROCK SOLID cam. To the POS Hero 7 black. Sad thing is I had loved my 4 so much that when I went in I got two hero7 blacks. They are both Junk compared to the 4. Has gopro Fixed the issue that the 7 has with overheating and locking up? I use my camear when I travel to and from work on my motor cycle and in my car that I do not have a regular dash cam in. I have only been runnng at 1080 60p just like I do my CHEAP Dash cam but yesterday My 7 over heated and locked up at least 3 times I am so fed up with Gopro it is not funny. 

Has this issue been resolved with the Hero 8 black?

I have been using GoPros since the Hero HD and have had every single model. The 7 was the worst one ever for me. I had constant overheating and freezing, shut downs. I've had three of the Hero 8 cameras since they came out. I have not had any issues like that. I use the cameras outdoors on my kayak while I fish. We've had some pretty warm days in the mid 80°F range and all was good. The true test will be summer temperatures.