Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Has the Hero 9 GPS overlay issues been fixed? I hate that I havent been able to use this feature.

[ New ]

Backpacker

Re: Has the Hero 9 GPS overlay issues been fixed? I hate that I havent been able to use this feature

[ New ]

GPS stickers are supported for the GoPro Hero 9 using the Quik App for both Android and iOS.

GPS stickers are not supported using Quik for Desktop as this is old unsupported discontinued software that hasn't been updated in over 3 years and is no longer offered as a download.  The last camera it fully supported was the Hero 7.  It will not support GPS stickers for the GoPro Hero 8 or the GoPro Hero 9 as both of these camera's were released after the software was discontinued and store their GPS information in a completely different format.

Tourist

Re: Has the Hero 9 GPS overlay issues been fixed? I hate that I havent been able to use this feature

[ New ]

I have tried through the quick app on my iPhone and have never been able to get it on. Yes, GPS is enabled and I have been under clear skies, its for riding dirt bikes 

GoPro

[ New ]

@baty79, to record GPS data, your GoPro needs to lock onto a GPS satellite signal. Check out this article for more information.

Tourist

[ New ]
Yep I’ve tried that, it stays locked until I hit the record button and then it goes off. No structures where we go, usually open spaces. Has never worked from the beginning.
Backpacker

[ New ]

The GPS didn't work on the GoPro with it's original Firmware, this was fixed in later firmware updates.  So make sure your firmware has been updated to the latest version (1.60).  Make sure that the GPS signal has been locked before you start recording.  

Tourist

[ New ]

it looks like my GPS only locks on while I am in the menu settings of the GoPro. When i go to the home screen it vanishes

Backpacker

[ New ]

The GPS icon is only displayed in the "Settings" menu.  It is not displayed on the camera preview screen.  This is completely normal.

Tourist

[ New ]
Then I will try this tomorrow as we are riding dirt bikes all day. I hope it works, Ive used it since GPS became a thing on these cameras so for it not to work it has been disappointing
Tourist

[ New ]
No stickers in the quick app. Can only adjust speed of the video, cannot select gps overlay in quick app
GoPro

[ New ]

@baty79, if you can't display GPS stickers in the GoPro Quik, it could be because the footage doesn't have sufficiently precise data. Sometimes the GPS is locked but then the signal gets lost and back on again. When this happens, the data becomes unreliable enough to use in the stickers.

However, if you continue to experience this issue, regardless of the filming locations, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.