Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Has anyone resolved the issue re looping where bye the default always reverts to max on start up.

[ New ]

I want it to start up on looping and 20 min intervals on my 6 but it just goes back to max every time I switch it off nd on again. Frustrating. I've tried everything inc manual software update but it stays at max. 😡

GoPro

Re: Has anyone resolved the issue re looping where bye the default always reverts to max on start...

[ New ]

Hi @rgh999

Does this happen after a recording?

I have tried this on a HERO6 Black running on version 2.10 and did not encounter the same.

What SD card are you using?

Try to run the manual update again. Once done, reset the camera to its factory settings.

Let us know how it goes.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Re: Has anyone resolved the issue re looping where bye the default always reverts to max on start...

[ New ]

It happens whatever I try I'm afraid. Three different memory cards. Tried resetting. Only thing I haven't done is reset factory settings, but it took me ages to link into my remote controller so I'm reluctant to lose the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rgh999

Check out this recording I made: https://youtu.be/mjvtr1l7wA0

I am not really sure why your camera behaves differently.

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may contact them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks for the video. I followed it exactly after resetting my unit, and as soon as I change the default start up to looping it reverts to max again. Crazy.  Thanks anyway. I'll try the support team.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sure! @rgh999

Feel free to let us know how it goes with the Support Team.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

As an update , as I've already tried resetting etc etc , support are now sending me a replacement camera as it's less than a week old. Great service. Thanks to all who've helped resolve my issues

GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know that, @rgh999. Thank you for posting back for an update on the resolution. Let us know how it goes when you get the replacement camera. Thanks again!