Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Has GoPro addressed the Overheating and Waterproofing complaints from the GoPro 7 Black?

[ Edited ]

@GoPro support staff: Is it normal for your forum denizens to call people names, or is that only permitted for those who defend your products?

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Has GoPro addressed the Overheating and Waterproofing complaints from the GoPro 7 Black?

@adeptwater21433 wrote:

My GoPro overheated in Canada outside a vehicle. It even overheated once in a warmer part of Alaska. I didn't grill the f-ing thing. Anybody who does that as a "test" is an idiot.

Want a test? At room temperature, plug in your GoPro, use a recommended SD card and these settings:

4k60 wide

HEVC on

stabilization on

wifi on

gps on

Press record, and within the hour it will overheat, because yes, the chip heats up. As I've been saying, if it was manufactured with a better process it wouldn't. As it is the chip, also known as a system on chip or SOC, which Daniel was laughing so hard at, generates too much heat and uses too much power to be used for 4k recording of any serious length. It also seems to affect 1080p if HEVC is used. It's not the sd card. Stop pushing that lie, Daniel. The camera is defective. Yes, it produces great quality video, but it also overheats.

@mariustanya  Please do Close the thread as  @adeptwater21433  has started the attack of name calling I am Man enough to say MyBAd but when one who starts the attack to call one an Idiot can not dish out the return. Please either remove the threat as it is irrelivant to here.   We were being helpful and when  what was asked became an attack!

Reported for @adeptwater21433 

Highlighted
Explorer

Click the cog on the right of the message and select Report Inappropriate Content. You can mark mine 😝
GoPro mods are very proactive in deleting Inappropriate comments whether they support the product or not.

Funny, as a person who has made so many negative comments (which GoPro has not taken down), I would think that @adeptwater21433 wouldn't make such outlandish innuendos against GoPro by insinuating that they only edit negative and not positive comments. It's really disgusting when so many latitudes have been given, and yet you have some members who just keep coming back to spew misinformation to support their hard headed and misguided views. Sad.

And now we wait for the next attack....
Highlighted
Explorer

Although, I just have to add....

Only a moron would be offended by being referred to as a, "An unmarried Maasai or Samburu warrior" (which is what a Moran is 😝).
Highlighted
Adventurer

LOve Helping out our nature.  I think I'll boil my camera next. Will that cause over heating. I think not I was in a Jacuzzi wit ha Hero 3 years ago. a hero 5 black a few years back. am I a M0....