Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Has GoPro addressed the Overheating and Waterproofing complaints from the GoPro 7 Black?

Just a troll then? 😂

Umm, OK 🙂👍
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Has GoPro addressed the Overheating and Waterproofing complaints from the GoPro 7 Black?

Is it your job to defend GoPro or something. Like are you married to a GoPro employee or do they give you free shwag or something. It must be worth it to post > 10k times.

Every thread where somebody has a problem, you show up to blame the SD card and suggest everything but the Hokey Pokey dance as a solution.

The camera overheats. It shouldn't. I've owned many cameras over the years and recording for long periods of time has always been expected. Suddenly with this latest iteration of the GoPro, it's unreasonable and suggesting otherwise makes me a troll or a DJI employee?
Highlighted
Adventurer

GP-1 chip heats,  Ambrella chip heats.

only thing is heating up here is the steam you two are  creating?  Battery  generates some heat not much, and the sd card as well. but what  generates heat is that chip.   What I love best is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au2k5JzFNhA

better yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZTaFfxRO8

and again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqWoQwFAv9E&list=PLr9gDoU1y6T-lWAaz4bqdyYDEmNZlms0c&index=41&t=125s

the thing is

Highlighted
Tourist

My GoPro overheated in Canada outside a vehicle. It even overheated once in a warmer part of Alaska. I didn't grill the f-ing thing. Anybody who does that as a "test" is an idiot.

Want a test? At room temperature, plug in your GoPro, use a recommended SD card and these settings:

4k60 wide

HEVC on

stabilization on

wifi on

gps on

Press record, and within the hour it will overheat, because yes, the chip heats up. As I've been saying, if it was manufactured with a better process it wouldn't. As it is the chip, also known as a system on chip or SOC, which Daniel was laughing so hard at, generates too much heat and uses too much power to be used for 4k recording of any serious length. It also seems to affect 1080p if HEVC is used. It's not the sd card. Stop pushing that lie, Daniel. The camera is defective. Yes, it produces great quality video, but it also overheats.

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

@adeptwater21433  Now what was this topic about venting  off the chip to cool down a camera.    My suggestions is to use a better card.  and the camera will work fine sometimes a sandisk causes the issues and that is where most issues lie. The User not using the correct  items, try to save a dollar the wrong way.  Oh no one said save  sorry

Highlighted
Nomad

Hi Folks

Let's call this one done, you can't argue with someone who refuses to listen.  There's actually people on the forum looking for help, will actually listen to reason and our time and efforts will be better off helping them with their camera issues.  

Highlighted
Adventurer

Agree keep it to the thread thart was created move on.

Highlighted
Explorer

Aww, I had some choice words and thoughts for "Moran". Oh well, I'll let it go 😝