Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Has GoPro addressed the Overheating and Waterproofing complaints from the GoPro 7 Black?

Re: DJI attacks. Who cares if it's a Chinese company unless you're a racist. I don't care as long as the product works.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Has GoPro addressed the Overheating and Waterproofing complaints from the GoPro 7 Black?

151 degrees 45 plus minutes 140 plus and 43 minutes bottom line no issues good luck pny and samsung 64gb cards
Highlighted
Nomad

Actually the quote was selective since you left out some interesting facts and then selectively used the word "overheated" again.

Yes, the camera overheated.... after it lasted 2 minutes longer past the expected battery life in unknown conditions.  Honestly, if I threw my GoPro in the over to film a pizza being baked and it overheated, would the only words you take out of that be "overheated"??

Fact is, according to the reviewer, the camera SHOULD have lasted 45 minutes recording at 4K @60FPS.  It ACTUALLY lasted for 47 minutes before it overheated and shutdown.  That's 47 minutes operating at max capacity probably with EIS, Protune and WiFi turned on.  To me, that just screams "AMAZING PERFORMANCE".  The fact that it then was pushed into a further 11 minutes of service?  Mind Blowing, what a great fricken camera!!!!!

So thank you for the link to yet another Amazing Review for the GoPro Hero 8 that just shows what a totally awesome camera this is.

Highlighted
Tourist

Key word being battery life. I used mine plugged in, which it is supposed to be capable of. Even then it didn't make 30 minutes inside the vehicle. I had to mount it on the exterior to get it to record past that point. Even then it overheated. It was only really stable in the Yukon and colder parts of Alaska... But it was stable if cold enough. So tell me again how the SD card is to blame.
Highlighted
Tourist

To be clear. Record at ~10c outside a vehicle, while plugged in, with a battery inserted, the camera was stable for *hours*. Increase that temperature just a little bit, driver just a little farther south, and the camera would crash. Not an SD card issue.

If a camera can only be used in the Arctic outside a vehicle, it has problems. Please don't tell me the camera wasn't "designed" to do it. The specs say it can and if it can't, that should also be clearly indicated.
Highlighted
Explorer

@adeptwater21433
If you haven't figured it out yet, you're only convincing yourself. Sorry buddy, but you lost creditability, and this argument a long time ago.
Highlighted
Tourist

I declare victory as well, making it so!

BTW, Xi Jinping looks like Winnie the Pooh on meth. Satisfied I'm not a Chinese trolll?
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Either its winter or summer on this camera use it in Fall. I wish I had my gopro so I can simply put up livr and say LOOK its running at 4K   thermoter check.